WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
COLORBAR PRECISION WATERPROOF EYELINER – REVIEW + SWATCHES +PHOTOS
I got the Colorbar eyeliner. Why ?? Because my roommate put water in my old lotus liner bottle and spoilt it. This was long ago but I was just plain lazy to get another one and I had a lot of acne scarring also .I usually avoid eyeliner when I have any ‘daag’ on my ‘chand sa mukhda’ because I feel it highlights the scars. So the scars are finally clearing and I am wearing eyeliners now.
Coming to the review now –
What it looks like – A black coloured plastic bottle with the very infamous Colorbar ‘USA’ .Bottle looks cheap and flimsy.
Colour – Black. Blue and brown are also mentioned on their website but the SA was clueless. Would love to see the blue, sad its not available.
Price – Rs.180/- for 2.5ml
Packaging – It comes in a very tiny plastic jar and has a regular dip in felt tip like applicator instead of the brush. A big plus point for me since I am clumsy with those small brushes.
What it is like – A liquid liner, easy to apply which dries as matte black. If you like your eyeliners having high sheen, you might not like this.
(Please ignore the highly inartistic swatches. I was super irritated about my damn camera and thus the frustration)
Waterproof Test – Since it is mentioned as water proof eyeliner, I decided to put it through what I call the waterproof test. I put my hand under running water for say about a minute to see what happens.
After turning off the tap –
And after a slight wipe –
WAIT WAIT WAIT !! Here’s one tricky situation now, although it is failed the water proof test but when applied on the eyes it doesn’t come off with water unless you rub it too much when its wet. Like, if you splash your face with water and pat dry it won’t budge but if you rub it hard it will smudge and come off. I have worn it many times but haven’t been embarrassed till now. It stays on until I come home and remove it. One more thing, on eyes it doesn’t come off with water or normal makeup remover, a lot of effort is needed. I use my Revlon Eye and Lip Makeup Remover and then only it comes off totally.
How it looks on me –
I applied it as a thin line and it worked that way as well .No, I am not showing off my cute little hair pin.
Coming to pros and cons –
Pros of Colorbar Waterproof Eyeliner
- It is a dark intense black.
- Felt tip applicator, a big pro for me.
- Stays on eyelids for hours, no smudging, feathering bleeding or any datty thing happening.
- Is cheap .180 bucks and will last long.
Cons of Colorbar Waterproof Eyeliner
- Hate the packaging .it doesn’t even come in an outer carton. The silver printing on the flimsy black bottle looks rather cheap.
- I really couldn’t figure out the logic behind it staying on the eyes and coming off so easily when swatched. Maybe it settles down totally after some more time. Still confused.
- No ingredients mentioned.
- Although the website mentions a blue and brown variant, it isn’t available anywhere.
What I think – Overall, I like it because its cheap and is intense black .The felt tip is easy to apply with .It stays on eyes until I remove it .I hate the packaging, at least the bottle needs to be of a better quality.
Will I repurchase? – No, I will go back to my lotus eyeliner .The new bottle is too cute.
Rating – 3.5/5
Have you used Colorbar Waterproof Eyeliner ? Please rate in the box below.
Also read :
- Colorbar High Definition Kohl Eye Liner Review
- Colorbar Warm Eyeshadow Palette Look : Taupe Pink Eye Makeup
- Colorbar Cool Eyeshadow Palette Silver Blue Smokey Eyes Tutorial