WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Most Indians end up with unsuccessful weight-loss efforts, mostly because of following the wrong diet plan or because of giving up owing to the taste, or should I say non typical-Indian taste! Many of us Indians are used to a particular taste and cannot give up on our roti and rice. And a very few know that weight loss can be achieved even with a ‘desi’ diet. So here is an expert approved Indian diet chart for weight loss.
The key rules:
1. Avoid unsaturated fats entirely. Only opt for foods with low fat content.
2. Curtail refined sugars. They add empty calories to your body. Many people often think that the body’s energy needs will not be met if you cut down on sugar, which is a myth. You can get enough sugar from seasonal fruits and dry fruits.
3. Drink enough water and keep yourself hydrated all the time.
4. Eat less but eat frequently. Eat every 2-3 hours and do not wait for hunger to alarm you.
5. Calculate your BMI and plan your weight-loss goals accordingly. You want to make sure that you are on a healthy weight-loss plan and not starving yourself.
6. Consume more of proteins, healthy fats and add more fiber to your diet.
7. Diet alone will not do the trick. You also need to work out regularly and sleep enough every day.
Indian diet plan for vegetarians:
• Early morning: A glass of water mixed with honey or lemon juice or aloe vera juice.
• Breakfast (within 30 minutes of waking up): source of high fiber cereal like oats, wheat flour, wheat flakes with milk or other milk products along with one fruit.
• Mid-morning: Dry fruits and a glass of fresh fruit juice.
• Lunch: Rice (preferably brown rice) or roti or both along with a bowl of salad. You can also add a bowl of dal or raita or low fat yoghurt.
• Post lunch: Fruit juice and one fruit.
• Evening snack: Sprouts or oats along with a glass of buttermilk.
• Dinner: A bowl of soup, a bowl of salad, Mix vegetables or cottage cheese (paneer) along with 2-3 rotis or brown rice.
Indian diet chart for non-vegetarians:
• Early morning: A glass of water with honey or lemon juice or Aloe Vera juice.
• Breakfast: 2 boiled eggs, a glass of milk or fruit juice, 2-3 slices of brown bread and a fruit.
• Mid-morning: One fruit or some almonds and peanuts.
• Lunch: Roti or rice or both, along with a bowl of chicken, a bowl of salad. You can also add a bowl of dal or mixed vegetables.
• Post lunch: A glass of buttermilk and a fruit.
• Evening snack: Sprouts or oats.
• Dinner: bowl of soup or bowl of salad along with 1-2 rotis, grilled chicken or fish. You can also add a bowl of dal or mixed vegetables.
Top 10 foods for weight loss:
1. Brown rice.
2. Beans and Lentils.
4. Leafy vegetables and spinach.
6. Whole grain
7. Nuts and seeds.
9. Low calorie fruits and vegetables.
10. Healthy spices.
Try to include these foods in your diet. Avoid processed and fried foods altogether. You can also alter between dishes to avoid monotony. Happy dieting!
What Not To Do While Dieting
Does Dieting Really Work for Weight Loss?
How to Lose Weight in 4 Weeks- Diet Chart for Weight Loss
Weight Loss With Fruit Diet
Easy and Effective Ways to Lose Weight
10 Essential Diet Foods
Are Crash Diets Healthy?
10 Golden Rules to Weight Loss