Product Purchased by IMBB
Today is my first review of a hair styling tool and I got this tool as part of the IMBB sponsored products scheme. I wanted to try this product for a really long time and I am so happy that I was able to courtesy IMBB 🙂 So, read on to find out whether this product is really worth investing in.
A revolutionary new way to create one beautiful shiny curl after another.Easy. Fast. Fabulous! Infiniti Pro by Conair® Curl Secret® is changing the way the world curls hair. This revolutionary new curl styler features top technologies, innovative engineering, and an automatic curl chamber — the Curl Secret® secret behind the perfect curl!
My Experience with Conair Infiniti Pro Curl Secret:
At first glance, this hair styling tool looks a bit intimidating and bulky, but once you get the grasp of how to use it, it is pretty straightforward.
I have tried a couple of hair curling wands before this and I was always worried about burning my hands 😛 With the Curl Secret tool, you have no such worry. Here is a step-by-step procedure of how this tool works:
1. You need to comb your hair thoroughly and ensure that it is tangle-free.
2. The Curl Secret tool is ready when the red light indicator stops blinking.
3. Position the hair into the curl chamber; you need to be careful to work only with ½ to 1 inch sections of hair or else the tool beeps and errors out.
4. Close or clamp the handle down. The hair is automatically drawn into the curl chamber and the tool lets out steady beeps indicating that the hair is getting curled.
5. When a rapid succession of beeps are heard, it means the curl is ready. You need to open the handle to release the curled hair.
The hair tool has 3 timer settings for loose, medium and tight curls. It has 2 heat settings: High and Low with max temperature reaching 400 deg F. Also, it has an auto-off feature if it remains idle for a while.
I experimented with this tool for the past 10 days and tried out the various curl settings and I am really happy with the end results, ranging from loose waves to tighter curls. On me, the curls hold up pretty well and stay intact for around 4 hours without a styling product. Of course, the results will vary based on your hair texture and any styling product.
I am a bit on the fence on the ease of use of the tool. While I love the automatic pulling in of hair, that also becomes a bit difficult at times. You have to always ensure that you work with ½ – 1 inch section of hair or else the tool starts beeping. Also, initially my hair did get tangled in the chamber a few times and that really feels scary. But over time, I have got a hang of how to handle the tool correctly.
Since the tool is a bit heavy compared to other curling wands, your hand begins to tire after a while. Also, it is a bit difficult to reach the hair at the back of the head. It would be most preferable to have someone else curl your hair with this.
The instruction booklet mentions that this tool has Tourmaline Ceramic technology that reduces frizz and flyaways and protects hair from damage. I continued to see flyaways, but that is a tendency of my hair, so I am okay with it.
To summarize, this is a very nice tool to try out some curls. However, it does take a bit of time to get used to and also, it comes at a high price of around 100 dollars.
Pros of Conair Infiniti Pro Curl Secret:
- Unique Curl Chamber mechanism to automatically draw in hair.
- Low risk of burning hands or any other part of the face.
- Gives nice results ranging from loose waves to tight curls via 3 timer settings.
- Two temperature settings.
- Tourmaline technology ensures minimal heat damage.
Cons of Conair Infiniti Pro Curl Secret:
- Takes time to get used to the mechanism; hair does get tangled initially.
- Does not reduce flyaways as advertised.
- You need to work in small sections of hair at a time.
- Tool is heavier than other curling wands.
Would I Repurchase Conair Infiniti Pro Curl Secret?
If you want to try out this new mechanism to curl hair, you can surely buy the Curl Secret, but it does not come cheap at 100 dollars.
Infiniti Pro by Conair Spin Air Rotating Styler
Conair Ceramic Wood Natural Shine Booster Brush
With The Conair 1875 Watt Turbo Styler With Ionic Conditioning You Can Dry, Straighten And Curl Your Hair!
Conair Instant Heat Dual Voltage 2 Ceramic Straightener
Conair Infiniti Pro Hair Dryer
Conair Instant Heat Curling Iron
Remington Pro Soft Curls Ci 151 Curling Iron
Babyliss Pro Curl 210 Curling Tong
Philips Curl Care Control HP 8618