A double chin is generally considered as the most common physical signs of ageing but it may be the result of general obesity too. The chin is one of the most difficult areas of the body to lose weight or tone and firm.
Though, exercising your chin can help in a long run by toning the muscles of your lower face, your jawline and your neck but, for a quick fix only good makeup techniques can rescue you from this situation and give your face a more youthful appearance.
Tips to Conceal a Double Chin With Makeup:
• Start with cleaning the area around the chin and the face, because this will ensure that when you do apply makeup it goes on evenly. Follow with a light application of moisturizer on your face and chin.
• Use foundation that is a shade darker than the normal one that you use on your face. However, be careful that it is not too dark or it will end up looking like you have a beard.
• Use a bronzer to clearly define your jaw line. It is important that you choose the right tone of bronzer during this process to get the best results. Choose a gold-toned bronzer if you have medium to dark skin or a rose-toned bronzer if you have fair skin.
• Play up your eyes and not your lips, wearing bright lip colour will draw too much attention to the lower area of your face, which is too close to the double chin you are trying to minimize. Use an eyeliner to define your eyes, don’t forget to curl your lashes and coat them with mascara.
• Set your makeup with some translucent face powder before stepping out.
Some other tips:
• Eliminate the consumption of junk foods, fast food and other foods that are packed with fat and calories. Cutting back on your caloric intake not only helps you get rid of your double chin, but also helps you lose fat in other areas of your face.
• Practising good posture is a great way to help get rid of a double chin. Whether you’re typing at your computer at work or reading a book in bed, it’s important that you keep your back straight and chin up. Not only does sitting up straight make your double chin less noticeable, but it also strengthens jaw muscles, to keep fat from building up under your chin.