Contouring your face can go a long way in making your face look in a perfect shape. Indeed, all of us crave for that faultlessly oval face, which is often considered to be the most flattering shape of all, but not everyone is blessed with a well-formed countenance. Then, how can we get that balanced look? Well, we can definitely embrace the much well-liked blush to do the rest of the balancing job; all you need to know is the right way to use it for contouring the face in the most wonderful way. Once you master the art, contouring the face with blush takes less than three minutes’ time! Just a few simple tricks and a little bit of practice would make you an expert in the contouring zone!
How to Contour Face Using Blush- Things To Remember
Here are a few aspects you must know while you go about contouring your face with blush:
• You would need a cheek blush, a highlighter, a contour brush, a blending brush (optional) and a blush brush.
• With the right shade, you can contour facial appearance to accentuate your cheekbones, play down a longish face, draw out a round face and stress the best features you have.
• Opt for colors which go with your lip color and eye shadow.
How To Contour Face Using Blush – The Basic Steps
• Make a fish face by sucking your cheeks in. A hollow area is created on your cheeks; this is your contour line. Start applying the contour color here. If you have picked up the right kind of contour brush, it must fit well in this hollow area. Follow the natural curves while you apply the color and using swiping upward movements towards your hairline.
• Blush should now be applied above your contour line. A full-size downy brush can be used for the purpose.
• Now, give a big smile. The apples of your cheeks will be revealed. Blush should now be applied on the cheek-apples; use sweeping movement towards the temples.
• With the help of a blending brush, blend the colors by using sweeping motions towards your hairline.
• After a few strokes, use small and circular movements; start with the apples of your cheeks and work back towards your hairline.
• A little highlighter can be used in the final stage. Take the brush and choose any side of the face you like to start with. Apply a little bit of highlighter with sweeping movements back to temples on the area above your cheek bone and under the corner of the eye. Use sweeping movements and circular movements alternately for blending. Contouring one side of your face is done. These steps will now have to be repeated for the other side of the face as well.
How To Contour Face Using Blush – Additional Tips For Specific Face Shapes
• For Oval Face: This is indeed a perfect shape and it needs little help as far as contouring with blusher is concerned. Just a few fast strokes on the apples of your cheeks and you are done!
• For Round Face: It is important to make a round face look thinner than what it actually is! For the purpose, apply some blush on the apples of your cheeks and blend it; however, make sure that it does not come too close to your nose. Use sweeping motions diagonally while applying, starting from beneath your cheekbones towards your jaw. Using colors of darker shade of to would help to create the desired effect.
• For Square Face: Apply a brighter shade on the apples of your cheeks and brush it in the direction of your temples. The effect is that your eyes to look up and diminishes the angular structure of your face. Dust a bit of blush starting from the chin and reach up to your ears; this will contour your jaw line. Further, you can apply color to the area beneath the cheekbone, by means of sweeping arc-like motion. Merge the color across the top of cheeks and in the direction of the temples to form a contour. In case you want a softer look, a touch of blush can be added to your chin as well as forehead.
• For Rectangular Face: The blush should be applied on the cheekbone with sweeping horizontal movements. Sweep up the color slightly as you work your way in the direction of your ears. This would impart a rounded effect by softening your facial angles.
• For Long Face: Apply some blush on the apples of your cheeks and sweep it towards the ears. After that, extend it along the middle of your forehead and then across your chin; this would make your face look shorter.
I hope you would like these tips and next time you fail to understand how you must go about contouring your face, you would never forget your very favorite blush!!
How to Contour Face with Makeup
How To Apply Blush
How to Apply Blush| MAC Peaches Blush
How To Apply Cream Blush
Basic Blush and Highlight Application Tips
TIGI Bed Head Foxy Curls Contour Cream
Bourjois Khol & Contour Eyeliner Pencil
Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil
L’Oreal Contour Khol: Jet Black
Lotus Hypnotica Eye Contour Definer