WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Travelling is not all fun for some people. Fear of flying is basically an anxiety disorder which, most of the time, has little or nothing to do with the risks related with the flight itself. Some components of the anxiety are:
• Fear of heights
• Turbulence and other weather conditions
• Enclosed spaces
• Not feeling in control etc
Symptoms often associated with fear of flying include anxiety attacks, heart palpitations, dizziness, a feeling of suffocation, sweating, nausea and shaking.
If your fear of flying has something to do with a past trauma or accident, then it is better to consult a psychologist to find a solution to your problem. But, for reason other than that here are few strategies that might help you cope up with the fear of travelling and help you enjoy your trip the most.
• Keep yourself busy to keep your mind off the flight. You can read a book, watch movie, listen to music or even chat with the person sitting next to you.
• Drink water to stay hydrated. Dehydration can make your jitters even more pronounced. Avoid the consumption of caffeine or any other stimulant to keep your anxiety levels in check.
• Practice relaxation techniques to calm your nerves. Inhale deeply. You should feel your stomach expand. Hold your breath for about three seconds. Exhale slowly.These techniques can also be used while waiting for take off or when the plane is in the air.
• Avoid watching or reading any news or even movie that can trigger panic before you travel. Like, if you fear flying, don’t watch a movie about a plane crash as such videos can make any traveller weary. Do not let your subconscious mind register such messages of fear before your upcoming flight.
• Restore your confidence on the safety of airplanes, keep in mind that airplanes are equipped with backup systems and the aircraft goes through extensive maintenance prior to flying.
• Give yourself plenty of time to check in and get through security process in order to avoid last minute panic attacks due to delays.
• Generally many people consider take-offs and landings as more frightening moments during the flight, if you feel the same then try taking non-stop flights whenever possible to save yourself from the repeated torture.
• Try to sleep during your flight.
Hope these tips will help you have a hassle-free and enjoyable flying experience.