WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Corrective Color Concealers and How to Use Them
What are Corrective Color Concealers?
Corrective Color Concealers basically follow the simple rule of ‘neutralizing’ an opposite color on the skin and then hiding it to match the respective skin tone just as in a Color Wheel where the color opposite to a particular shade neutralizes it. These concealers come in various colors ranging from the natural skin tone color to colors like green and purple.
A color like yellow helps to tone down and even out the skin tone. However, it does not ‘hide’ anything specifically which is why we need other colors to do that.
Just like working with a normal concealer, after applying the corrective concealer set it with powder. These are used prior to application of foundation.
Different Colors of Concealers:
Apart from the natural skin tone colors, the colors available nowadays are:
White, Beige, Yellow, Orange Mint Green, Light Green, Lavender Purple, Mauve, Light Blue, Pink and Light Peach.
How to Use them:
- White: Used with Beige to cover up heavy under eye dark circles.
- Beige: Used to conceal slight shadows and brighten up the complexion and under eye area. Used with White to conceal heavy under eye dark circles and around the nose area to conceal slight shadows.
- Yellow and Orange: Neutralizes redness and brown discoloration. Used to conceal red blemishes, bruises and tone down any redness on the face near the nose, lip area, cheeks etc and on brown spots. Orange helps to neutralize the blue toned under eye dark circles and purple bruises.
- Mint/Light Green: Neutralizes redness as well. If the redness is too dark, mint/light green is used with/without yellow to neutralize it. Works the same as the Yellow concealer except only on darker red spots and scars.
- Lavender Purple: Used to neutralize yellow-colored bruises or imperfections, yellow under eye or cheek area due to an illness/flu etc on bronze-olive skin tones.
- Mauve: Used to cover up dark/black spots and visible veins on the face.
- Light Blue: Used to neutralize orange spots, tan lines/spots, age spots and freckles.
- Pink: Used to conceal dark gray shadows just below puffy under eye dark circle area and and shadows around the nose.
- Light Peach: Used to brighten up olive skin tones and balance out slight color discolorations. Can be used for slight coverage of blue veins.
NOTE: Under eye dark circles come under blue,purple and brownish tones therefore they are neutralized by yellow and orange.
Hope this helps you ladies out there who are struggling with concealing those tough under eye dark circles and blemish/scar marks.
Happy Concealing! 🙂
How To Get Youthful Hands
How To Choose The Right Perfume
How to Apply Pencil Eyeliner – tutorial
How to Fix Common Makeup Mistakes
How To Curl Hair Without Heat – Rags
How to Become Fair Naturally
How To Minimize A Large Forehead
How to Wear Belts
How To Perm Hair
How to Apply Liquid Foundation using Flat Top Kabuki Brush