WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
By Divya Teja B
Today I am going to review Covergirl eyeshadows that are named Eyeenhancers, of the shade Country woods 215.
My eyes, which are almond shaped, are dark brown in colour and appear to be honey coloured in the sunlight. I love to highlight them specifically during my makeup routine. I generally prefer dark brown or brown shades which are tinted with pink or peach. However, when I apply heavy Kohl to bring out the shape of my eyes, these shades seemed to show the make up to look heavy and I like subtlety. So, I bought these neutral eye shadows.
What does the company say about the product:
• Available in matte, pearl and sparkle shades
• Handpicked by makeup pros
• Blends easily without over shadowing
• Price: $4.97 or Rs. 270-Rs. 280
• Quantity : 5.5gm /.19oz
• Shades: Country woods 215 (4 shades of eye shadows)
• Ingredients: Talc, Mica, Zinc stearate, Mineral oil, Dimethicone, Boron nitride, Calcium silicate, Methylparaben, Propylparaben, Sodium dehydroacetate, BHT, Quaternium-15. Sparkle shades may also contain Calcium sodium, Borosilicate, Calcium Aluminium, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite. May contain: Titanium dioxide, Iron oxides, Ultramarines, Carmine, Manganes violet, Ferric ferrocyanide, Blue1 Lake, Bismuth oxychloride, Chromium oxide greens. Yellow5 lake
• Shelf life: not mentioned on the product or the website
What do I think about the product:
• Rectangular plastic packaging. Metallic grey base and a transparent lid hinged at the broader side of the box
• The plastic is flimsy, could have been made a little sturdier. There is always a fear of breaking when put in your travelling bag.
• All the four shades are arranged parallel to eachother; however, the placement of the shades seems to be random.
• The label is printed in silver on the transparent lid. Makes the case look cheap.
• The shade name is written on the seal of the product which has to be removed before opening the case.
• Provision for applicator at the foot of the shades
• Spongy applicator
• Two sided
• One end of the applicator is rounded for application all over the eye
• The other end is made pointy to fill in the corners of the eyes
• The applicator is strong and will last long. It is good for folks who do not use separate makeup brushes. I personally prefer brushes.
Feel and texture:
• Soft and creamy texture
• Glides on the eye lids easily, both with a spongy applicator and an eye shadow brush
• Tends to crease in your natural skin folds
• Blends well with other eye shadows (while getting smoky eyes)
Hues and pigmentation:
• Contains 4 shades –
• Shade 1: Natural brown with pearl finish
• Shade 2: Bronze with fine shimmer
• Shade 3: Off white (inclining towards shade of flour)with pearl finish
• Shade 4: Pale bronze with pearl finish
• Good pigmentation.
• Although the website shows this shade to be a sparkles shade, in my opinion it is more of a pearl finish and it gives a natural glow.
• Without an eye primer, will last for 2 to 3 hours
• With primer, can last up to 5 hours
• However, creases without the eye primer
How do I apply it:
• Apply primer all over the eye lid
• Shade 1 all over the upper eyelid
• Shade 2 in the outer quarter of the eyelid and blend it inwards. Also apply the shade in to the crease
• Shade3 on the brow bone
• Shade 4 on the inner corner/tear duct area. Also apply the same shade along the lash line of the lower eyelid, only the outer half
• Finish off with Kohl, eyeliner, kajal and mascara. Wipe out the fallout if any.
How it looks on me?
My likes for Covergirl Eyeenhancers – #Country woods:
• Lovely shades. Will suit all skin tones.
• Creamy soft texture.
• Good quantity.
• Well priced. Very pocket friendly.
• Handy applicator.
• Neutral shades advised for daily wear and office look.
• 14 quads to select from.
• Comes in different finishes.
• Blends well with other eye shadows.
My dislikes for Covergirl Eyeenhancers – #Country woods:
• Packaging. Weak and breakable.
• Cheap look to the packing.
• Contains parabens. May not suit sensitive skin.
• Non availability in India.
• Creases a lot.
• Mediocre staying power without eye primer.
• No shelf life details.
Will I repurchase Covergirl Eyeenhancers – #Country woods?
May be. I like my cosmetics to be of classy packing. But still, this range has nice shades, might explore a few more.
Neutral shades for everyday wear. Goes well with heavy Kohl. If you like out lining your eyes completely, in Arabic style, these shades will go perfectly with it. If you are going for heavy lip colour and want very subtle eye shadows, these shades will be the perfect choice.
Overall rating: 4/5
Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof Mascara Very Black 825
CoverGirl Outlast Lip Stain
Covergirl TRUblend Minerals Loose Powder – Translucent Fair
CoverGirl Outlast Lip Stain 435: Flirty Nude
CoverGirl Wetslicks Crystals Lip Gloss 450 Candy
Covergirl Aqua CG Smoothers
CoverGirl Continuous Color Lipstick – French Toast
Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara
Pond’s White Beauty Peel-Off Instant Brightening Mask
L’oreal Total Repair 5 Instant Smoothing and Nourishing Oil Serum
Stila Love at First Blush Palette Cheek Color
Lakme Fantasy Collection Cheek Artist
E.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
Tanaka Face Contouring Massage Technique
Maybelline Expert Wear Blush Review – Berry Sorbet
Faces Glam On Powder Blush in Fresh Bloom