I am sure most makeup enthusiasts have heard about CoverGirl as a brand. I finally managed to pick up a couple of things from the CoverGirl counter in Target on my last trip to the US. It’s a blush called “Instant Cheekbones Contouring Blush” and the shade is called “Peach Perfection.” There are 3 other shades available from the same range – Purely Plum, Sophisticated Sable, and Refined Rose. I liked this shade the most as it matched the best with my somewhat dusky yellow-toned complexion. This is how it looks:
I think it was $6 or so for 8 g (.29oz)
The case is very travel-friendly and cute.
The shades are all peachy and warm toned. There is a dark peach shade suitable for contouring, a lighter peach shade good for the apples of the cheeks, and finally a highlighter. Out of the 3, needless to say, I love the darkest peach shade. It shows up as a beautiful warm peach on the cheeks that looks fresh and vibrant. The second one is a bit too light for my skin, but people with wheatish skin can use this. The most worthless of the lot is the highlighter, which is too shimmery and whitish. All the shades have shimmer in them as you can see from the swatch below.
The case comes with a small brush, which is pretty useless and hard, and you will end up with tiny scratches on your face if you try using this. So, use your own blush brush instead.
Texture and Pigmentation:
The texture is powdery and I must say I am not too happy about that. It causes a lot of fallout and that’s the reason I can’t carry it in my purse for quick touch-ups if I need to. In terms of pigmentation, I have no complaints. They are pretty well pigmented for the price and they are buildable as well. I did not expect Wondergirl at that price ;P
Pros of Covergirl Instant Cheek Bones Contouring Blush:
- Good pigmentation.
- Very nice, fresh, peachy shades suitable for medium to dark skin tones. Looks very natural and well suited for summer and will go very well with heavy eye makeup.
- Cute and travel-friendly case.
- Very economical as you get a contour shade, blush, and highlighter for just $6!
Cons of Covergirl Instant Cheek Bones Contouring Blush:
- The texture is very powdery and there is a lot of fallout.
- It has an awful and very strong incense like smell that stays on for quite a while after applying. I almost gagged the first time I applied it!
- The individual blush compartments are too small to dip your blush brush into.
- The brush is completely worthless.
- The highlighter is no good and looks like talcum powder when you apply it.
- Since I don’t touch up my makeup very frequently, I find that the staying power of these blushes is not great. They stay for about 2-3 hours, but that maybe because I have very oily skin. After that, they are gone completely.
I am on the fence about this one. I would say it’s just about okay and I don’t think I would like to pick up another shade from the same range.
Hope you liked the post, have a great weekend you fabulous people!
Covergirl Lash Blast Volume Waterproof Mascara Very Black 825
CoverGirl Outlast Lip Stain
Covergirl TRUblend Minerals Loose Powder – Translucent Fair
CoverGirl Outlast Lip Stain 435: Flirty Nude
CoverGirl Wetslicks Crystals Lip Gloss 450 Candy
Covergirl Aqua CG Smoothers
CoverGirl Continuous Color Lipstick – French Toast
Cover Girl Lash Blast Mascara
Pond’s White Beauty Peel-Off Instant Brightening Mask
L’oreal Total Repair 5 Instant Smoothing and Nourishing Oil Serum
Stila Love at First Blush Palette Cheek Color
Lakme Fantasy Collection Cheek Artist
E.l.f. Studio Contouring Blush & Bronzing Powder
Tanaka Face Contouring Massage Technique
Maybelline Expert Wear Blush Review – Berry Sorbet
Faces Glam On Powder Blush in Fresh Bloom
Bourjois Cendre de Rose Brune Blush
Sleek Makeup Suede Blush Review, Swatch, FOTD : Nude Collection
MAC Breezy Blush Review, Swatch, Look