Hope you all are doing great! Today, I am reviewing a lip color from Covergirl’s Lip Perfection range. This is the Covergirl Lip Perfection Lip Color in Ravish (308).
Product Details from Covergirl’s website:
- Bright, gorgeous colour that can transform your day and your lips.
- Enriched with silk moisturizing complex, our formula helps sustain moisture levels and helps create soft, smooth, beautiful lips in just 7 days.
How To Apply:
- Step 1 – Before you begin, apply all other makeup and ensure lips are smooth.
- Step 2 – Define lip shape with liner. The most foolproof shades are close to your natural lip color.
- Step 3 – Starting at the center of the upper lip, apply the color, moving outward toward one corner. Repeat on the other side and on the lower lip. Use your pinky or a lip brush to fill in any gaps.
- Step 4 – Place a folded tissue between pressed lips to remove excess.
CAD $9.99 (price varies across stores).
My Experience with Covergirl Lip Perfection Lip Color – Ravish 308:
I have been buying a lot of berry-toned lipsticks lately! Maybe it is the approaching fall or maybe it is just because I find berry-colored lipsticks so pretty and wearable for Indian skin tones! Ravish from Covergirl is one such shade.
The lipstick comes in a square rose chrome tube with a color-coded base. This makes it easy to identify the lipstick without having to open the tube. The shade name and number are printed on the base of the tube. The cap fits tightly enough to carry it in your bag.
A beautiful mauve berry color which would look so pretty on all skin tones. It is not so very dark that you cannot use it for a regular/office look.
The pigmentation is really good. One swipe results in an opaque color.
The scent of this lipstick is the only thing I do not like about it. This lipstick has a slightly plastic-y smell. It is not too much at all, but I really wish it wasn’t there! But once you apply the lipstick, the scent does not stay for long, so it is bearable.
Texture and Finish:
The texture of this lipstick is quite creamy and moisturizing without feeling thick or heavy. The lipstick glides easily on the lips and gives a slightly glossy finish. It is quite moisturizing too and does not dry out my lips.
The lipstick lasts for about 4 hours, without eating. It transfers a bit as it is quite creamy. It will not disappear completely even after a meal. You will be left with a stain on your lips, but it is not the kind of stain which would require a makeup remover to remove.
Pros of Covergirl Lip Perfection Lip Color – Ravish 308:
- A beautiful mauve berry color which would suit all skin tones.
- Creamy formula and very moisturizing.
- Excellent pigmentation.
- Travel-friendly and color coded packaging.
- Does not accentuate dry spots on the lips.
- Decent lasting power.
Cons of Covergirl Lip Perfection Lip Color – Ravish 308:
- Has a slightly plastic-y smell.
Would I Recommend Covergirl Lip Perfection Lip Color – Ravish 308?
This is a really pretty mauve berry shade which would look good on everyone! The creme formula is quite moisturizing and will be good even for the winter. Avoid this if you have a really, really sensitive nose due to the plastic-y smell. Otherwise, it is worth a try!
Covergirl Lip Perfection Lip Color – Siren
Covergirl Lip Perfection Lip Color in Temptress Charmeuse 400
Covergirl Lip Perfection Lip Color – Fairytale
CoverGirl Lip Perfection Lipstick – Delish
Covergirl Lip Perfection Lipstick in Hot Passion
Covergirl Lip Perfection Lip Liner in Passion Passion
CoverGirl Continuous Color Lipstick – French Toast
Coloressence Mesmerising Lip Color: Pristine Pink
Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Color – Pink Colar
Lakme Aqua Shine Lip Color – Scarlet
Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Color – Oak Table