In my previous article, I had shared with you all some detox bath soaks that do wonders for your body. But what if you don’t have a bath tub at your place? Well, don’t be upset as you can still detox your body through foot soaks.
Here are the ones that are gentle, simple and well worth trying out.
How to prepare a foot soak detox:
• Fill your tub with enough hot water to cover your feet. The water should be as hot as you can handle.
• Don’t use a metalic tub. Use one made of plastic or ceramic.
• Give yourself at least 30 minutes for detox.
• As a general rule use 2-3 tablespoons of ingredients for 4 litre of water in your foot bath unless otherwise stated.
Foot Soak Detox at Home:
Here are few foot detox recipes that you can try out in the comfort our your home.
• Mix together 1 cup of sea salt, 1 cup of epsom salt, and 2 cups of baking soda. Mix together well and store this mixture in an airtight container. When you are ready to detox add 1/4 cup of this mixture in hot water and sit with your feet in the water for 30 minutes.
• Take1 cup Epsom salts, one peppermint tea bag and one chamomile tea bag. Put all ingredients in your hot water tub and let the tea bags steep for 10 minutes. Then soak feet for 30 minutes. The tea detox is relaxing and soothing.
• Mix 1 tablespoon of honey, 1 tablespoon of liquid soap, 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract, and 2 tablespoons of sweet almond oil in your hot water tub and soak your feet for 45 minutes.
• Take 3 tablespoon Epsom salts, 2 tablespoon baking soda,1 tablespoon fresh grated ginger root and 5-7 drops of eucalyptus essential oil. Add all this in hot water and sit back for a relaxing treat that will reduce all your aches and pains.
Alternate between these foot detox soak recipes during the week, and see if you are feeling more spring in your step.
Other types of foot soak detox:
There are many types of foot detox procedures, including foot detox pads and Ionic detox foot baths.
Foot detox pads are usually made from bamboo extracts. You need to apply these pads before you go to sleep and remove them next morning. Pads darken with the toxins from your body overnight. Users of foot detox pads report feeling less fatigue, less joint pain, and fewer headaches.
On the other hand Ionic foot baths use an electrical process (electrolysis) that produces positive and negative ions in warm saltwater.
All about detox baths
Homemade Tan Removal Pack
5 Homemade Skin Lightening Face Masks
12 Best Homemade Face Masks
Homemade Soothing Eye Mask: Do It Yourself
Detox Diet and Weight Loss
All about Detox Diet
Bourjois Bio Detox Organic Anti Puffiness Concealer
Bourjois Bio Detox Perfecting Powder Photos
Homemade Detox Drinks
Bourjois Bio-Detox Foundation
Toni & Guy Detox Shampoo
Dr. Jart Black Label Detox O2 Cleansing Foam