I heard about the word body detoxification a few years back. The accumulation of toxins in the body got me a little worried; I wanted to know about detoxification. But then came my friend Chhavi, she told me that our bodies detoxify naturally on a regular basis. Our metabolisms are designed to eliminate these toxins from our body.
The phrase ‘ detoxify naturally’ gave me so much relief. Being a very contented person I believe in the power of nature. Will happen naturally meant ‘no efforts to be put from my side’ to me, which was great.
Body detoxification is nothing but a process to get rid of all the harmful toxins from our body.
No matter how hard you try you can not get away from toxins. They invade our body daily through food, air and water. They get stored in our body fat and then cause various turbulence in our body. Such devils they are.
If you feel lethargic and fatigued all the time, suffer from low grade allergies, stomach upset, menstrual problems, body ache etc. then my dear your body is sending you signals that it can take no more. In short you need to detoxify.
Simple ways for body detoxification:
Following are some tips that would help you to detoxify your body without bringing a drastic change in your day to day life.
• Drink plenty of water, at least 2 liters in a day. It is the best and the easiest way to detoxify your body.
• Increase the intake of Vitamin C. It helps the body produce glutathione, which drives away toxins.
• Eat plenty of fiber. Beets, radishes, cabbage and broccoli are superb detoxifying foods.
• Drink green tea. It has antioxidants that help the body to burn fat and detoxify.
• Use virgin coconut oil for cooking. In place of your regular cooking oil use coconut oil as it helps in weight loss and improves digestion.
• Use apple cinder vinegar in your food as it helps to detoxify liver. Add 2 tsp apple cinder vinegar in a glass of water. Drink it before your meals to reduce weight.
• Exercise daily (for atleast an hour) to clean up your entire system.
• Dry brushing before shower also helps. Buy a dry brush and rub your body with it before taking a bath. This not only helps to detoxify through pores but also makes your skin glow too.
• Go for detoxification diets. But before following any such diet take an advice of a professional. You may require a specific detoxification diet based upon your specific body needs.
• Practice hydrotherapy by taking a very hot shower. Allow the hot water to run on your back for five minutes. After that switch to cold water for another 30 seconds. Do this three times.
I am sure these detoxification tips will help you to reap the benefits of increased energy and zest for life.
Which one of the above detoxification tips you liked the most?