As the saying goes- Diamonds are the best friends of any woman. But of late, we find that diamonds are just not restricted to those exquisite pieces of jewelry; diamonds have carved out a niche in the world of skin care too! Diamond facials are the craze of the times and women are ready to go for them, no matter how hefty the pocket pinch is!
Diamond Facial: What is it?
Diamond facial is one of the most popular facials among women now-a-days. It is a non-surgical peel treatment for your facial skin in which dead skin cells are removed. As a result, youthful glow is imparted to aged and damaged sensitive skin. Often, a diamond facial is categorized as a luxury facial that can be availed at top salons.
Diamond facial: The price and who should get it done?
Diamond facials are best done on mature skin. It works well if you have sensitive skin. You get diamond facial rates ranging from Rs. 800 to Rs. 1500 in local parlors. Depending upon how famous the salon is and how expert your beautician is, the price can even range higher for a single session. You can also get the D-I-Y diamond facial kits and do it at home by yourself to achieve moderate results.
Diamond facial: The steps involved
There may not be any hard and fast rules as far as the procedure is concerned. Mostly however, a machine with a rounded, multi-grade “diamond” tip is used for treating the skin surface. It exfoliates the top layer of skin to reveal a fresh stratum of skin below. The steps followed in a beauty salon are quite different from the steps you need to adhere to while using the Do-It-Yourself kits. Generally, the following steps are involved:
1. Scrubbing- The skin is scrubbed with diamond scrub to remove dead skin cells. The scrub is known to contain diamond ash, essential oils and natural ingredients.
2. Detoxification- A gentle detox lotion is softly massaged on the skin for cleaning the face of all impurities. The skin starts glowing once the detox lotion has been thoroughly massaged.
3. Massage- A diamond gel is used for facial massage for skin tightening and anti-aging purpose.
4. Skin restoration with diamond mask- A face mask, which is known to contain diamond particles, is lavishly spread on your face. It repairs sun damages, clears sun tan and rejuvenates dull skin.
Diamond Facial: Tips and Warnings
1. Avoid exposure to sun after the facial.
2. Avoid bleaching after diamond facial. If bleaching is to be done, go for it prior to the facial.
Diamond Facial: What is good about it?
Hundreds of benefits are associated with diamond facial. These benefits are as follows:
- Uneven skin tone is improved.
- Age spots, fine lines and acne scars are removed.
- Skin is detoxified, deep cleansed and rejuvenated.
- Oxygenation of the skin is increased.
- Pore size and wrinkles are reduced.
- Skin is soothed.
- Circulation of blood and elasticity of skin are increased.
- Glow is added to skin.
Diamond Facial: What is not so good?
In an article-‘Truth Behind Facials’, dated 17th July 2010, on the online portal of the Hindustan Times, we come across a section on
“Diamond facial.” Here the section has been quoted:
“Cosmetic companies and skin clinics say diamond facials aid lymphatic drainage without abrasion and hydrate the skin. They also claim that results are visible after a single session. Such experts say that a real diamond works with the natural contours of the face and is useful for difficult procedures which require intensive treatment such as mild scarring, skin polishing and exfoliation. It helps those who have an uneven skin tone, aids in scar reduction, tackles enlarged pores and reduces fine lines.
Myth busted: Doctors deny that diamonds hydrate the skin or benefit it in any way. Dr Mukesh Girdhar, senior consultant dermatologist, Max Healthcare, says that diamond is a cutting agent and the only area where it may play a role is in microdermabrasion. “Even for that, we use other products like aluminum hydroxide crystals. It’s not that doing microdermabrasion with diamonds will make your skin shine like a diamond,” he states.”
VLCC Diamond Facial Kit
Maybelline Diamond Glow Eyeshadow Quad- Wine Pink
Maybelline Lip Gloss Water Shine Liquid Diamond Slims
Revlon Diamond Lust Eyeshadow – 105 Plum Galaxy
Maybelline Diamond Glow Eyeshadow: Gray Pink
Nature’s Essence Choco Facial Kit
Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing Facial Scrub
Montagne Jeunesse Spa Fabric Facial – Cherry Tonic
Montagne Jeunesse Dead Sea Anti-Stress Spa Facial Face Tonic
All About Pearl Facial
The Body Shop Vitamin E Gentle Facial Wash
The Body Shop Seaweed Pore Cleansing Facial Exfoliator
Gold Facial Treatment
The Body Shop Moisture White Foaming Facial Wash