Today I’ll be showing you how to make an excellent scrub using just three ingredients. This scrub can be used on your face, lips and even body. I love to use homemade scrubs and I make sure that I use them at least once every fortnight if not more. Let’s see how to make this simple yet effective scrub. Also, don’t forget to check the ‘note’ section where I have given you substitutes for some ingredients.
1. Fresh Tomato pulp
2. Sandalwood Powder
1. Take a tomato and grate it to get fresh pulp of the tomato without the skin. You could use a mixer for this step but then you would have to sieve it to remove the tomato skin. Either way, do what you like.
2. Add some sandalwood powder to the tomato paste/pulp. Combine the two together very well to form a thick paste.
3. Then add some sugar to the mix and combine well.
4. Your scrub is ready to be used!
1. Dampen the skin where you want to use it. Make sure the skin is nicely clean without any product residue from the previous application.
2. Preferably use warm water to dampen the skin.
3. Take small amounts of the scrub and massage the skin in small circular motions.
4. Keep the scrub on for 5-10 minutes or more if you like.
5. Then wash off with cold water.
1. You can use orange peel powder instead of sandalwood powder.
2. If you want a finer scrub then add some salt to the sugar, or just use finer sugar crystals.
3. You can also add some essential oils to the mix if you want. I love peppermint essential oil with this combination. It smells very good.
1. Tomato is a natural astringent and works in eliminating excessive oil and blackheads. It is loaded with antioxidants hence prevents your skin from free radicals.
2. It also helps in cell repair and helps shrink large pores. It also contains Vitamin C and biotin both of which are known to provide healthy, glowing and radiant skin.
3. Tomatoes are also known for their anti-ageing properties. They fight against cell damage and reduce the appearances of fine lines and wrinkles.
4. If used regularly, tomatoes will help lighten your complexion too. They are also known as natural exfoliators and remove dead skin cells.
5. Since it contains a good amount of lycopene, it acts as a natural sunscreen too by protecting your skin from harmful UV rays.
6. Tomatoes also help to achieve a brighter-looking complexion by eliminating blemishes and spots on the skin.
1. It helps in relieving pimples, acne or rashes. It even helps lighten blemishes and spots on your skin.
2. It absorbs excessive oil from your face, giving you a matte look.
3. Sandalwood also contains anti-aging properties. It also helps tighten your skin.
4. Sandalwood oil helps treat dry skin and adds moisture to your skin.
5. If you have oily skin, sandalwood powder soaks up excessive oil and sebum from your skin.
6. It also helps in treating dark circles under your eyes if you make a paste of sandalwood powder along with milk or rose water.
7. It also helps soothes sunburns and fades tan if you use regularly.
8. Sandalwood also helps in achieving super soft skin.
9. Brides are made to use sandalwood face packs before their marriage for a glowing, radiant and clear skin.
DIY 3-Ingredient Exfoliating Scrub for Clear Skin
O3+ Brightening and Whitening Face Wash
5 Homemade Skin Lightening Face Masks
Coffee and Oatmeal Body Scrub: Do It Yourself
Clean and Clear Fairness Face Wash
Fabindia Orange Cinnamon Face and Body Gel Scrub
Fab India Neem Tulsi Face and Body Gel Scrub
Homemade Detoxifying Face and Body Scrub