Today I’ll be sharing another simple DIY recipe, but this time it’s a tad bit uncommon. I often tend to ignore my nails because most of the time they are clad with some nail polish or the other. Or, I am just too lazy to notice them. But now I’ve decided to take care of them. So, here is a simple DIY recipe that requires just 3 ingredients for a quick manicure session. Let’s see how it’s done!
• Oil (Use any oil, I used Almond Oil)
• Aloe Vera Gel (my HG product)
1. Use fine sugar that isn’t powdered completely. Sugar should have gritty texture so that you can scrub easily. I used coarse sugar which did not help much, so learn from my mistake. 😛
2. Add some oil to it and then add some aloe vera gel to thicken up the mixture.
3. Tada! First step done!
• Simply mix together some aloe vera gel and oil to form a smooth paste that has no lumps of aloe vera gel.
How to Use:
1. Remove all the nail polish from your nails and make sure that they are nice and clean.
2. Use a tiny amount of scrub and rub it on your nails using slight pressure. Do it gently and in circular motion for a minute or so.
3. After you feel good enough to stop the scrubbing process, wipe off with a cotton ball dipped in rose water.
4. Now, massage your nails with the cream we made until it gets absorbed into the skin. Use a small amount so that your nails don’t feel greasy.
I would prefer doing this at night so that the cream gets time to sink in and work its magic, but you can do at your own convenience.
Aloe vera: Did you know Aloe vera consist as much as 75 nutrients, 20 minerals, 12 vitamins, 18 amino acids and 200 active enzymes. Aloe vera contains Vitamin A, B1, B2, B6 and B12, Vitamin C and E, folic acid and Niacin ? I never knew until I did some research on google! Surprising, isn’t it? It also moisturizes the skin, fights acne, prevents skin-ageing and treats sun burn.
Almond oil: Almond oil can be used to cure darkness under your eyes and reduce puffiness. When used on skin, it provides ample moisture to cure dryness and also helps at keeping acne at bay. Since it is a light oil, it gets absorbed into the skin quickly and is also used in many skin care products.
Advantages of This Method:
• Chemical free
• Softens the skin since it has oils
•Relaxes the skin you massage the scrub and the cream
• Aloe vera gel soothes the skin
• Saves money
• Super easy and takes about 5 minutes
DIY Sheet Mask with Kiwi and Pomegranate for Radiant Skin
How to Make Pure Rosewater at Home
DIY 10 Minutes Hand and Nail Care at Home
How to Make Heat Protection Spray at Home
Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Cream
Sally Hansen Salon Manicure Cuticle Eraser + Balm
Neutrogena Deep Clean Gentle Scrub
Makeup Revolution London Rose Cream Cream Blush
Follow These 16 Easy Tips to Get Beautiful and Super Soft Hands