Skin Type: Oily & Acne-prone
During winter time, our skin becomes dry and lifeless. To combat the dryness, we need to follow a good skin care routine. Exfoliating our skin is very important, as it removes the dry/dead skin cells, which in turn helps you to achieve a soft and healthier skin. I have oily skin, still, my skin becomes a little dry and I need to use a lightweight and hydrating face scrub. Recently, I have started using Pear and we all know, that it has got natural exfoliating particles in it that works amazingly to make one’s skin smooth, without making it oily. Since it is winter, I also used few moisturising ingredients for achieving some added benefits. Let’s get started.
1. Pear: Pear acts as a natural exfoliator and it has good hydrating properties that keep our skin soft and moist. It also treats acne scars, pimples and helps in controlling oil secretion. The fibres present in a Pear helps to prevent skin damage and keep one’s skin healthier. Pears are rich in vitamin-C, an antioxidant, which helps in keeping one’s skin youthful and fresh.
2. Coconut milk: Due to its rich and creamy consistency, it works as a great moisturiser. It deeply moisturises the skin and keeps it hydrated. It is rich in Vitamin A and C and contains a lot of proteins. These factors help in providing a smooth and radiant skin. It hides all the signs of dry patches and makes our skin super smooth.
3. Lemon: Lemon is also rich in vitamin-C and has anti-ageing properties. This helps in fighting against various skin problems like ageing, dark spots, acne and pigmentation. It acts as an effective skin brightener. It has got good oil-controlling properties also.
4. Essential Massage Oil: Essential massage oil helps to keep our skin soft and smooth with the added benefits of aroma. One can add little more moisturiser but it is an optional step.
Step 1: First, make a thick paste of pear until it reaches a scrub like consistency. Now, take 2 tablespoons of this paste in a bowl.
Step 2: Next, add a half teaspoon of coconut milk into the bowl and mix them properly.
Step 3: Now, add 5-6 drops of essential massage oil and a half spoon of lemon juice to it. Blend all the ingredients properly to form a smooth paste.
Step 4: Your face scrub is ready to use.
Step 5: Apply it on your face in a gentle circular motion and exfoliate your skin for around 5-10 minutes and then, rinse it with lukewarm water.
- Pear has mild exfoliating particles that are very gentle for acne prone skin and it acts as a hydrating cleanser.
- The scrub contains coconut milk so, it keeps our skin moisturised and soft giving it a healthy glow.
- This scrub helps to remove any dryness or roughness from the skin and makes our skin fresh, smooth and bright.
- It acts as a brightening agent so, it actually helps in reducing any dullness from our skin by making it bright.
- I also love to massage my skin as it helps in maintaining our blood circulation and adds a healthy glow.
- I hope you will enjoy this homemade scrub recipe. In summers, use this scrub with a lightweight essential oil instead of a massage oil.
DIY: Facial Scrub to Lighten Pigmentation
DIY: 6 Ingredients Chia Seed Facial Scrub
DIY- Deep Moisturizing Face Scrub with Red Lentil and Coffee
Top Homemade Face Treatments for Oily and Acne Prone Skin
6 Homemade Facial Scrubs for Sensitive Skin
Tomato Facial For Dull and Oily Skin with Pictures
DIY Orange And Almond Face Scrub for Refreshing Skin
DIY Pomegranate Face Scrub Cum Mask For Oily Skin and Dry Skin
Walnut Scrub Mask for Dull Skin: Do-it-Yourself
How To Make Ginger Infused Skin Nourishment Pack: DIY