Skin Tone: Medium to Dusky
Skin Type: Combination
Today I am going to talk about an easy multipurpose home made face mask. It is can be made with just two easily available ingredients. It is a wonderful mask which removes blackheads, whiteheads and unwanted hair. It also tightens the skin and reduces and unclogs the pores. So, let’s get started.
You will need:
Unflavored gelatin or agar agar
Take 1 or 2 tablespoons of gelatin powder in a microwavable bowl. This quantity will be enough for the entire face and this pack can also used on specific areas.
Take around 1 or 2 tablespoons of milk, depending upon the quantity of gelatin. Mix it with the gelatin powder until you get a thick paste.
Now, microwave this mixture for around 10 to 15 seconds, not more than that. The paste would blend well and will look like custard paste. If you do not have a microwave, you can use hot milk to achieve this.
Now, use the paste immediately as a face mask, before the heat vanishes; else the pack will start to solidify. You can use a brush or even your fingers for applying the mask. Apply a thick layer so that it is easy to peel off. Be careful while applying it near eyebrows and thick hairlines.
Let this pack sit on the face for around 20 minutes or until it dries completely. The mask will become stiff as it dries; once it dries, peel off the mask upwards. It may sting a bit, but it won’t be painful. Once you remove the mask, your face will become squeaky clean, tight and smooth. In the picture, I think you can actually see the hairs that the mask had pulled out.
Gelatin is a great product for health, skin and hair. It contains a lot of protein and helps in skin rejuvenation. Gelatin facial masks improve your skin in general, but they are similar to commercial strips used in beauty treatments to clean out pores. This is a great pack for those who detest waxing and other painful pore treatments.
Things to note:
1. Gelatin is taken from animals, so vegetarians can use the vegetarian version of gelatin available in the market. Gelatin is the main ingredient in jelly making. Even agar agar can be used; it is also like gelatin, but taken from sea algae. It is widely available in India, especially during the Eid period as various sweets are prepared with it.
2. This mask will stink a little. I don’t mind it but people with a sensitive nose can use a few drops essential oils like peppermint or lavender to overcome the strong smell.
3. The mask may feel stiff when it’s drying and may also hurt a little while peeling off. But, the pain won’t be unbearable.
4. It removes hair only to an extent. I won’t say it will remove all the hair in one use – repeated usage will be needed to remove all the hairs. This is similar to waxing, so the hair will eventually grow back.
5. It does make the skin tight and removes all the blackheads, whiteheads, and even unclogs the pores.
So overall, I love this mask. It is a fun peel off mask that makes my skin feel incredible after every usage. Try this mask friends, and let me know how it worked for you.
Orange Peel-Off Mask: Do It Yourself
DIY Peel Off Mask and Cocoa Ice Cubes for Clear and Glowing Skin
Homemade Facial Peel for Skin
10 Homemade Face Masks To Get Rid of Blackheads
All About Hair Lamination
5 Homemade Orange Peel Face Packs
How To Make Bath Jellies: Do It Yourself
10 Blackhead Products that Actually Work
How To Get Rid Of Whiteheads
Anne French Creme Hair Remover – Sandal
20 Home Remedies To Remove Blackheads
WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP AND DIY VIDEOS AND READ IMBB COMPLETELY AD FREE. DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!