WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
My friends always ask me about my hair care routine because I love to maintain my hair as they tend to appear dry and frizzy. About a year ago, I got this idea about combining some really good oils and using it for my hair. This is a tried and tested recipe which I swear by and have also recommended some of my friends to try it out and even they were amazed with the results. So without wasting any time let’s move on to the recipe.
• Coconut oil – 4tsp
• Olive oil- 2 tsp
• Almond oil- 1 tsp
• Essential oils – about 4 drops each
I have used Cedar wood, Lavender, Rosemary, Lemon
The recipe is very simple. You have to mix all of these to form a mixture of oils. But the proportion is very important. The proportion of the coconut oil, olive oil and almond oil should be maintained in the ratio 2:1:0.5. Pure almond oil should be used for best results. The one from Patanjali works well too. The essential oils are a vital part in this recipe. They not only add to the shine and health of the hair but also keep scalp problems at bay. I have chosen these 4 essential oils based on its characteristics and benefits to skin and hair. You can add any other essential oil depending on your scalp or hair related issue, if you have any. And you can add castor oil too but I find it difficult to rinse. I have been using this recipe religiously for over a year now and trust me, my hair has never been better! My hair growth rate is really, really slow, all over my body; I get my eyebrows done only once in 2-3 months! But when it comes to my mane, it is not an advantage. But with regular use of this oil my hair growth rate has increased by, say about 10%. My hair had never grown so long ever in my life!
Heading on to the recipe, these are the steps:
Step 1: Take about 4 tsp of coconut oil (depending on your hair length, you can vary the quantities).
Step 2: Take about 2 tsp of olive oil and mix it with the coconut oil.
Step 3: Add 1 tsp of pure almond oil to the mixture.
Step 4: Just add about 4 drops of all the essential oils and mix them well.
Step 5: Just heat the oil on a stove and mix well. Now the oil is ready to be used.
This proportion will suffice for a single use; you can also prepare the mixture and store it to save time. Remember to keep the proportions right. You will not notice the results immediately but with continuous use there will definitely be some changes in the texture of your hair as well. This oil will make your hair smooth, soft and manageable. It’ll keep the scalp problems like dandruff, itchiness at bay. Not only that, but it also avoids split ends. I have made a timeline that shows how my hair has improved with time in terms of length and volume. Do try this and let me know the results.
Some benefits of the ingredients:
1. Coconut oil: Coconut oil promotes hair growth. It also adds luster, shine and softness to the hair. It prevents hair breakage and split ends, contributing to hair length. It provides moisture to dry hair.
2. Olive oil: It reduces the damage done by hair care products or overuse of styling products. Olive oil can make your hair shiny and soft.
3. Almond oil: Almond oil contains all kinds of healthy ingredients for hair like Omega-3 fatty acids, phospholipids, vitamin E and magnesium. Using almond oil nourishes and strengthens your hair, and is optimal for treating hair loss and damaged hair.
4. Cedar wood: Cedarwood essential oil can stimulate the hair follicles and increase circulation to the scalp. This contributes to hair growth and slows hair loss. Cedarwood essential oil helps reduce dry or flaky scalp.
5. Lavender: The essential oil aids in hair growth as well as treats sleeplessness, stress and anxiety. It can also help stop hair loss.
6. Rosemary: When applied over the scalp rosemary essential oil helps stimulate hair growth. Many people also claim that it can prevent baldness, slow graying, and can be used to treat dandruff and dry scalp.
7. Lemon: Lemon oil is also a powerful hair refresher. Many people use lemon oil to get strong, healthy and shiny hair. Lemon oil can also be used to eliminate dandruff.
5 Easy DIY Hair Oil Concoctions for Long and Healthy Hair
DIY – Hair Tonic for Long and Strong Hair
DIY All-Natural Hair Serum for Frizzy Hair!
DIY: 3-Ingredient Hair and Eyelash Serum
DIY: 2-Ingredient All-Natural Hair Serum
DIY Mango and Papaya Hair Pack
Intensive Hair Treatment for Hair Re-growth: DIY
DIY – Refreshing Summer Hair Pack for Shiny Hair
7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth