By Shriya Laxminarayan
If you are absolutely aiming to look younger without going under the knife or using those harsh chemicals in the creams then, this post is for you. I have been trying this homemade face mask for quite a long time now and it helps in keeping those early signs of ageing at bay. Try this homemade mask with just a couple of homemade ingredients. Do note that this face mask doesn’t look or smell great but, it’s worth a try rather than splurging a lot of money on those anti-aging products.
So, let’s get started.
• White Kaolin Clay.
• Concentrated Fresh Garlic Paste.
• A teaspoon to mix all the ingredients together.
I like my Garlic paste to be a bit gritty as well as concentrated so that, I can work the mask in layers rather than applying one heavy layer. So, you can adjust the consistency of the garlic paste according to your needs. To make the garlic paste you could just add a few pods of fresh garlic into the blender to form a fresh paste.
Step 1: Add 2 Teaspoons of White Kaolin Clay into a bowl.
Step 2: Now, add 2 Teaspoons of the Garlic paste.
Step 3: Then, add 2 Teaspoons of Honey into the bowl.
Step 4: Mix all the three ingredients well. Your Face Mask is ready.
Directions to Apply:
Use this face mask on tidy face and leave it to act for about 20 to 30 minutes. Wash off with cold water. You can use this mask daily until you attain the preferred results.
Note: Once you have applied the face mask, you may feel some tingling sensation which would disappear in 5 minutes. Also, for dry skinned beauties make sure your skin is moisturised properly before you apply this face mask else you will feel a burning sensation than just a tingling one.
Results: You need to see enhancements after just a few treatments. You may find that the garlic smell is undesirable, but the result is absolutely worth it.
Before adding this face pack in my routine, I made sure to do a ton of research and I would like to share the same with you all.
1. White Kaolin Clay: It is rich in silicon and aluminium silicate and it is known to be the mildest of all clays. It provides a silky slip, a property that makes it ideal for sensitive skin. It is a versatile clay that can be used in combination with almost any wetting agent and helps stimulate circulation while purifying the skin and closing dilated pores. White Kaolin clay does not strip off the natural oils from the skin and hence, it can be used on dry skin types. The clay is also used externally in the form of beauty and anti-wrinkle mask for the whole body.
2. Garlic: The main component of the face mask is garlic; which primarily contains allicin, a natural compound that is produced when raw garlic is crushed or chopped. Antioxidants such as allicin inhibit free radical activity, which in turn helps fight wrinkles and fine lines provoked by an overdose of skin-damaging UV radiation.
3. Honey: Honey, a natural source of anti-oxidants makes it a perfect ingredient for premature ageing and is a natural humectant. It locks water into the skin keeping the complexion hydrated; the antibacterial properties benefit the acne-prone skin by reducing breakouts.
DIY Homemade Natural Shampoo for Hair
DIY Homemade Makeup Remover with Cucumber and Coconut Oil
DIY: Homemade Overnight Hair Mask
Dr. Organic Vitamin E Pure Oil Complex
Khadi Organic Reetha Powder
10 Frequently Asked Questions about Botox
Common Myths about Botox
The Face Shop The Solution Pore Care Face Mask
The Body Shop Tea Tree Face Mask