Hi lovely ladies,
I am tired of using store-bought cleansers which contain loads and loads of chemicals. I was looking for a natural homemade option, so I thought of preparing this D.I.Y. cleanser which is free of chemicals. I have been using this cleanser for over a month now and have seen visible results on my skin. So, let’s begin the procedure of making this D.I.Y. facial cleanser which is apt for all skin types.
• Take 2 tbsp of oats and grind them into a powder in a food processor.
• To this, add 2 tbsp of besan.
• Add 2 tbsp of rice flour to this mixture.
• Now, add 1 tbsp each of liquorice, cocoa and fenugreek powder and ½ tbsp of turmeric. Mix well so that no lumps remain. Transfer this to a clean airtight container. Make sure that water does not enter the container otherwise, it will get spoiled.
How to Use:
• Clean your face with warm water first and pat dry.
Dry skin: Take 2 tbsp of this powder and add 1 tablespoon of milk or milk cream.
Normal skin: Take 2 tbsp of this powder and add milk, honey, rose water or yoghurt.
Oily skin: Take 2 tbsp of this powder and add rose water, lemon juice or orange juice.
• Apply this paste twice daily on your face according to the skin type and let it sit for 5 minutes. Wash with cold water and pat dry.
Benefits of Each Ingredient:
• Besan : Cleanses and mildly exfoliates the skin.
• Oats : Oats have anti-inflammatory properties. It contains saponins which remove dirt and oil from pores without causing inflammation.
• Rice flour: Rice powder has natural anti-ageing and oil-absorbing properties which make it good for oil and acne-prone skin. It also has the micro exfoliating property which makes the skin smooth and fairer naturally.
• Liquorice powder: Keeps the skin moisturised and hydrated. It also brightens the skin making it fairer.
• Cocoa powder: Cocoa powder has flavonoids which act as the antioxidant for the skin.
• Fenugreek powder: Fenugreek has anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties. It is beneficial in reducing acne.
• Turmeric Powder: Turmeric has been used as a beauty product for centuries for treating various skin problems. It effectively reduces blemishes, scar marks and is also useful for skin diseases such as eczema and psoriasis.
I have a normal to dry skin, but it feels soft and supple after using this cleanser. The mild scrubbing action of rice flour and oats removes tan and makes skin bright. The scrubbing action is very mild and it can be used on a daily basis. This cleanser is a boon, especially during harsh winter season. Do not forget to tone and moisturise your skin after using this cleanser. The shelf life is 2 months in an airtight container. Keep it in a cool dry place so that water does not enter the mixture. This powder cleanser can also be used as a face mask. Just clean your skin with this cleanser. Take steam for 5 minutes to open the pores. You will have to mix it with the ingredients mentioned above for the skin type and leave it for 20 minutes. Then rinse it off with cold water. Follow with a toner and moisturiser.
Although this face cleanser contains all natural ingredients but you should always do a patch test before adding any of the ingredients, especially if you have sensitive skin.
Please try this D.I.Y. facial cleanser and let me know your comments. Enjoy!
DIY Homemade Makeup Remover with Cucumber and Coconut Oil
DIY Homemade Lip Facial For Soft and Beautiful Lips
DIY Homemade Natural Shampoo for Hair
5 Homemade Aloe Vera Face Packs
Orange Peel Powder For Clear Skin
Kama Soap Free Cleanser
15 Face Washes For Oily Skin
Green Tea and Milk Powder Face Pack for Glowing Skin: Do It Yourself
Khadi Orange Herbal Face Pack Powder Orange