Don’t we love drooling over luxury products? I know I do especially bath stuff that promises that clichéd ‘luxury bath experience’. But my pocket money doesn’t allow me to splurge on a 22.95$ scrub that would last what? A month? Maybe two? I don’t know. So I thought let’s check the ingredients and maybe, you know just maybe I could make it. Happy with my result, I thought why not share it with you guys! What’s better than sharing DIYs while saving big bucks that can be used elsewhere (read makeup, clothes and shoes :D). Let’s get started!
1. Sea salt
2. Lemon juice
3. Lush mentioned ‘mimosa blossom water’ and I substituted it with rose water + orange juice
4. Coconut oil (or any oil that you prefer)
5. Few drops of blue food colour, to get that Lush scrub feeling, but it is optional obviously!
1. Take some sea salt. Make sure it is fine enough to mimic the lush scrub.
2. To it add the lemon juice sans the seeds. I added about one full tablespoon of it.
3. Then add rose water and orange juice.
4. Mix the whole thing together and finally add some oil.
5. Again mix the whole thing together and add in the food colour.
6. Your Lush-inspired scrub is now ready to use!
7. Congratulations! You saved some 20 dollars! 😀
1. Like all scrubs, it gently removes dead skin cells and exfoliates your skin.
2. Since we added the oil, it’ll act as an exfoliator plus moisturizer!
3. Lemon and orange are rich sources of vitamin c that will slow ageing process.
4. Your skin will become supple and soft post use.
5. You will also be relaxed as you calm down your body while massaging the scrub.
Do try this DIY and let me know your thoughts on it!
Image source: 1
Cocoa Vanilla Bath Salt: DIY
Fabindia Black Sesame and Salt Body Polisher Review
The Nature’s Co Tangerine-Ginger Bath Salt – Not At All a Necessity for the Bath Routine!
The Nature’s Company Rose Bath Salt Review
The Nature’s Co. Kelp Sea Bath Salt Review
Khadi Bath Salt Crystal with Rose & Almond Oil Review
7 thoughts on “DIY – Lush-Inspired Rub Rub Rub Shower Scrub”
Sound interesting. 😛 It also looks so good. 😛 I will definitely try this 🙂 🙂
Do try and give us your feedbacks 😀
How cool is this! You are our DIY queen now Priyanka 🙂
Hehehe *Happy Dance* How i love the tag Jomol Di! :* Thank you!
Wow … That’s so cooooool 🙂 Priyanka … Just have one question …. is this a plain salt which we use regularly or something else ….
Plain salt with a fancy name :p
hehehehehe… 😀 😀