By Surabhi Singh
Today, I will be sharing a DIY Rice and Green Tea soothing face pack. I use this face pack every week. We all are familiar with the properties of rice and green tea in our beauty regimen. Both of these ingredients impart a refreshing glow to your skin. Whenever my skin is dull and tired, I always use this face pack. I totally love the cooling and soothing effect and makes my skin look bouncy and glowing.
So, let’s see how to prepare it.
Key ingredients used in this face pack are Rice powder and Green tea. Both helps in soothing the skin and add a subtle glow and brightens the skin tone. Following are the other ingredients used in this face pack.
1. Rice Flour: Rice has its own special place in Asian beauty regimen. There are many products in the market using rice as their base. Rice is known for its soothing effect. It also helps in reducing blemishes and evens out your skin tone. Regular use of rice in your beauty regimen imparts a subtle glow and brightens your skin tone.
2. Lemon: Lemon is known for its antioxidant and anti-inflammatory properties. It refreshes your skin really well. It is also a rich source of vitamin C which helps in brightening your skin and evens out your skin tone.
3. Freshly Brewed Green Tea: Green tea has so many benefits. It has anti-inflammatory properties which help in combating redness and irritation and soothes your skin. It is a great source of anti-oxidants which eliminates free radicals and makes your skin healthy. It firms your skin thus, imparting a natural glow.
4. 2-3 drops of Essential Oil (Optional): Use tea tree oil or peppermint oil. I have been using tea tree oil as an ingredient to fulfil the purpose of soothing the skin. Apart from that, both essential oils are known for their healing properties.
Step 1: Take 2 teaspoons of rice powder in a bowl.
Step 2: Squeeze 1/4th lemon and pour the juice into the bowl.
Step 3: Now, add freshly brewed green tea and blend until you get a creamy consistency.
Step4(optional): Add 3-4 drops of essential oil of your choice.
How to Apply:
Step 1: Clean your face properly with lukewarm water.
Step 2: Apply the prepared face pack evenly over your face and neck.
Step 3: Wash off the face pack with tap water after 20 minutes of application.
Step 4: Now, pat dry your face and apply your favourite moisturiser.
When I wash off this face pack, I love the cooling effect given by green tea and essential oil. This face pack does a marvellous job as an instant brightener. This face pack will make your skin feeling refreshed and cooled. All the tiredness and dullness will be gone. Rice imparts a subtle glow on your face and green tea helps in making your skin soft and supple and clear. Lemon acts as a bleaching agent thus, it also brightens your skin tone. Essential oil helps in soothing and calming your skin. Overall, apart from the main purpose of this face pack, you get few added benefits too; brightening, glow, soft and supple skin.
1. Use this face pack whenever your skin feels tired and dull or irritated.
2. You can use honey too in this pack.
3. If your rice powder is not very fine then wash it off gently.
DIY Lemon Peel Face Pack for Clear and Glowing Skin
DIY Homemade Makeup Remover with Cucumber and Coconut Oil
How To Make Empty Magnetic Makeup Palette – DIY
Benefits of Rice Water for Skin and Hair
DIY Rice and Milk Scrub for Polished Skin
The Body Shop Fuji Green Tea Body Butter
Green Tea and Egg Hair Mask for Soft Hair: DIY
DIY – Cucumber and Oats Soothing Face Pack and Bar
Glossier Moisturizing Moon Mask Soothing Face Treatment