I have very sweaty underarms like most of us do, which becomes embarrassing and uncomfortable especially if one wears sleeveless dresses. An easy way out is to buy a roll on antiperspirant or a spray but they turn my underarms really dark giving them a burnt appearance which makes me even more conscious.
Why they turn skin dark? It’s because of the presence of aluminum and alcohol so I decided to make my own anti – sweat spray which will also lighten the skin.
• Pure aloe vera gel.
• Witch hazel, preferably with 0% alcohol but I couldn’t find any so used the one with 14% alcohol.
• Baking soda.
• Lemon and cucumber juice.
• Essential oils – I used nutmeg and lemongrass.
• Clean empty spray bottle.
• Small plastic funnel.
Steps to follow:
Step 1: Find a clean work space and spread a newspaper to prevent any spillage form ruining workspace.
Step 2: Start by adding Aloe Vera to the bottle and add a generous amount, say at least two table spoons.
Step 3: Put the funnel on the bottle and carefully start pouring witch hazel and fill almost the entire bottle with it.
Step 4: Add lemon and cucumber juice to the bottle.
Step 5: Add two table spoons of baking soda or as much desired till the mixture takes on a misty appearance.
Step 6: Finally add a few drops of essential oils for fragrance and extra pampering.
Step 7: Vigorously shake the bottle. Lemon juice and baking soda might create a little fizzle but it soon dies out.
Step 8: Test the spray on armpits and make changes as per one’s personal preference.
Benefits of Ingredients:
• Witch Hazel: Fights acne, reduces puffy eyes, heals bruises, refreshes skin, locks in moisture and treats razor burns. It treats sun burn, eases eczema, reduces redness of face and tightens pores too!
• Aloe Vera: It is very soothing for burnt or scarred skin and works well since under arms skin is so sensitive.
• Baking soda: It is good at absorbing moisture and keeping under arms dry.
• Lemon and cucumber juice are good skin whitening agents
I am happy with my DIY project because:
• It’s cheap (Less than $10).
• Its effect last all day, even on hot summer days.
• Does not turn skin dark.
• Has no side effects.
• Will suit all skin types.
Image Source: 1.
DIY Face Pack for Removing Scars
DIY: Aloe Vera Face Pack for Glowing Skin
Saffron+Yogurt+Gram Flour Anti-Tan Face Pack: DIY
DIY Papaya Face Packs for Dry Skinned Beauties
How To Make Ginger Infused Skin Nourishment Pack: DIY
12 Best Homemade Face Masks
DIY Multani Mitti (Fullers Earth) Face Pack
Antioxidant + Age-Defying Face Pack: DIY
Potato & Fuller’s Earth Face Mask: DIY