Wishing you all a very good day. I am very fond of homemade beauty treatments, because they are safe, effective and natural. Today I will review about a very simple, easy and very effective body scrub. Main ingredient of this scrub is wheat bran (atta choker). What is left over after wheat flour is sieved, is called wheat bran. You can collect the daily leftover, after sieving atta flour for chapatis. You can also buy it from grocery store. It is also available on online shopping sites. It works wonder for skin. See how.
• Wheat Bran: Wheat bran, is the outer hard coat of wheat grain. It contains selenium, which acts as an excellent antioxidant. Its antioxidant property protects the skin against sun damage. It is also rich in vitamin E and B which nourishes skin. It gently cleanses and combats signs of ageing. Provides proper nourishment to the skin.
• Baking Soda : Baking soda is sodium bicarbonate. This alkaline substance has antibacterial, anti fungal, anti septic and anti inflammatory properties. It fights acne and pimples. Improves skin complexion. Exfoliate skin well.
• Coconut Oil: We all are aware of beauty benefits of coconut oil. It is rich in vitamins. It retains the moisture content of skin, delays the ageing process, protects skin from microbial infections, repairs skin and gives it a healthy glow.
Method of preparation:
Take two spoonful of wheat bran and one teaspoon of baking soda in a clean glass bowl. Add one teaspoon of coconut oil. Mix well. Now add water to make a smooth paste. Your body scrub is ready to use.
Prepare a fresh batch before every use. You can mix wheat bran and baking soda in 2 : 1 ratio and keep it in a clean container. Before every use add coconut oil and mix with water. And your easy peasy body scrub is ready to go. You can substitute coconut oil with milk, as per your choice.
How to use:
Massage with this scrub, for few minutes. Let it rest on your skin for 5-6 mins. Scrub again and wash off. Pat dry.
This scrub exfoliates, cleanse, polish and moisturizes my skin very well. Skin becomes soft and very smooth. It removes dead skin cells effectively. It also removes tanning to a little extent. Overall it is very easy to make and easy to use body bath/scrub. With regular use it made my skin soft and smooth. It nourishes my skin well. It is a multitasking scrub.
Things to Remember :
• You can substitute coconut oil with milk.
• Scrub gently and do not over scrub.
• Wash off thoroughly, wheat bran is sometimes tacky to wash.
The Body Shop Coconut Exfoliating Cream Body Scrub
Kiehl’s Deep Micro-Exfoliating Scalp Treatment
The Body Shop Cocoa Butter Cream Body Scrub
The Body Shop Shea Body Scrub
Tips to Incorporate Coconut Oil in your Daily Beauty Regime
6 Homemade Anti Cellulite Body Scrubs
The Body Shop Spa Fit : Gel Cream Massager, Body Scrub, Massage Oil Review