Here, I present a small compilation of beauty tips which my family members including me have been using since long. With most of the cosmetics containing harmful chemicals, its better to switch to the natural versions.
2. Mix one tablespoon each of potato juice and fuller’s earth powder (multani mitti) and apply on the face. It removes all the dirt and grease from the skin and lightens the blemishes.
3. Mash two tablespoons of ripe papaya and apply on your face. Rinse off after ten minutes. Do this for a few fays and you will find a remarkable improvement in skin health and glow.
4. A popular home remedy for for recovery from stretch marks is aloe vera gel. This might be a messy affair but daily application sure removes the ugly stretch marks.
5. A good solution for scars is to apply a mixture of sandalwood paste with rose water on the face and leaving it overnight. In the morning wash it off with fresh water.
6. A useful homemade remedy to overcome acne and pimples is to apply a mixture of a teaspoon of coriander juice with a dash of turmeric powder on the affected areas. Please note that people who have sensitive skin should refrain from using turmeric.
7. To bid goodbye to sunburns, fill your bath tub with cold water and add a pinch of baking soda or oatmeal to it. Soak yourself in the tub for 15 to 20 minutes and rinse off with fresh water.
8. Since lemon is endowed with exfoliating properties, it aids in cleansing as well as lightening the skin. Squeeze one lemon and add some sugar to the juice. Mix it well and apply the paste on the face and rub it gently all over.
9. Make a paste of fresh fenugreek leaves and apply it on your face. Wash off after 10-15 minutes with warm water. This is a good homemade remedy to prevent acne and pimples.
10. Add a dash of turmeric powder to orange juice. Now scrub this on the area often exposed to sun. After 20 minutes, rinse it off with cold water.
11. To keep the skin of your hands smooth and wrinkle free, you can use natural exfoliation like lemon and sugar scrub
12. Adding a cup of apple juice in your bath will help you have much smoother and softer skin as apples have skin healing properties.
13. During summers, scrub your face with ice and watermelon slices. You may also apply a face pack made from honey and sandalwood. This will help close the open pores and keep away oily skin.
P.S: Everyone’s skin is different, and would react differently even to natural products. Before trying anything, know your skin type.
10 DIY Beauty Treatments Using Olive Oil
Oats Skin Cleanser-DIY
DIY Tomato Face Pack for Dry Skin
Ayur Anti-Sun Tan pack & Aroma Magic Milk pack
Homemade Facial Peel for Skin
Body Skin Care : Home Made Body Scrubs
DIY 10 Minutes Hand and Nail Care at Home
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
Homemade Body Scrub Recipes With Kitchen Ingredients