WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I have waited for about 20 days to write this review. And its about a birthday present from my boy friend.
I’m a huge huge huge fan of good smelling stuff be in the form of perfumes, roll ons, shampoos, scented lotions or any form. There are times when my mum is smelling so good and i’d just stand next to her and keep on sniffing her shoulder or her hair. Yes silly but my nose does half the job for me. I feel that since we have eyes to see we kinda ignore the capacity of our other senses like the ears,nose or sense of touch. I feel we should sniff more,hug more,feel more and just more use of our senses. Yes am the kind who also smells her food when it comes on her table at any restraunt or anything of that sort. I guess in the department of aroma me, my boy friend and my baby pug are all A FAMILY 😉
Anytime you are applying any type of perfume, it is important that you learn to put the right amount of perfume on. If you apply too much perfume it can often become overpowering. Learning how to apply the right amount of perfume will ensure that you get the attention that you want. So today I am reviewing the dkny be delicious in green apple (yes I know it sounds so yum)
About the brand
Donn Karan is one of the most intellectual fashion designer. She was born Donna Ivy Faske on October 2, 1948 in Forest Hills, New York. She grew up in Hewlett, Long Island with her stepfather who was a tailor and her mother who was a model. She was graduated from the Hewlett High School in 1966 and then she went on to Parsons The New School for Design for two years.
Karan is the founder of many charities including, most recently, the Urban Zen initiative. On March 14 and 15 2008, Karan organized a huge sale of her personal belongings and vintage company samples at her late husband’s studio to benefit the cause. The couture Donna Karan Signature line for men, which was comparable to the mens line of Calvin Klein Collection, has been pulled from the market
Donna Karan announced In April 2001, that she had sold her company, Donna Karan International, to French luxury conglomerate LVMH for almost $250 million in cash. The company has previously acquired Karan’s license-holding company, Gabrielle Studio, bringing the total value of the sale to $643 million. Following the news, LVMH decided to relocate this most American of American companies to Italy.
This is a bright, fresh and energetic fragrance, which matches a picture of a bold, but charming woman. The top features green notes, violet leaf, apple, grapefruit and magnolia. The heart brings tuberose, lily of the valley, rose and violet, while the base – sandalwood, amber and musk.
It is such a soft, clean scent on me. Be Delicious is at once fresh and smooth, with the sandalwood and musk lending just a touch of creaminess to the juicy apple and pale flowers. Cucumber is evident at the first spritz, but it quickly settles into aquatic flowers with a hint of tart apple. It lasts a decent amount of time given what a light scent it is, and hours later, it’s mostly green apple and dusty blonde wood.
It’s a perfect fragrance for springtime, dancing in flower gardens and tossing pennies into fountains – and I can see exactly what others have meant by “apple shampoo”. It’s just so light and clean, an easy everyday scent. This scent is also not particular to any season. Being an apple scent it can be called a summer smell but i think its alright to use it all the year round especially in a country like ours where it is 70 percent summer and warm. I had to ask my boy friend where he got it from and he told me it was brought from the dkny counter at select city walk in Delhi. I do not know the exact price as it was a present and I even do not dare to ask the price but from the power of Google and shoppers stop online i came to know the 3.4 oz of the bottle retails for about Rs. 3300 somewhere at shoppers stop. I do not know how much it would be direct from the counter
Thumbs up for DKNY Be Delicious Perfume
• Because it is very slightly musky and mostly clean it can be worn by anyone. A very neat fragrance
• It can be worn by teens as much as it can be worn by girls in there 20s and 30s
• I’d say its a fragrance of all ages, moods and weather
• The scent is not overpowering not to subtle just right.
• It lasts for a standard perfume like 8 hours
• You can wear it to work as hardly anyone would be nosy to the smell of fresh green granny smith like apples
• The bottle is gorgeous alluring and sophisticated
• From the various review sites i followed before zeroing on and wanting this perfume it gets a standard rating of 4 stars
• There is a red Be delicious available too but for me green apples over red anyday 😉
• Even after using it for 20 days the bottle still looks full and that is applying it 2 times a day 4 sprays each time
• Decent quantity in the bottle 3.4 oz
• It is available in 4 varieties of be delicious original(green),red delicious(floral red),fresh blossom(floral pink),delicious night(purple coloured bottle)
Thumbs Down for DKNY Be Delicious Perfume
• Smell CAN be overpowering for some
• Some people say it smells like rotten apples with musk
• The price is huge burner in the pocket but what can i say its a dkny thingy 😉
• I have not researched about this fact but some websites say that dkny tests its smells on animals. A completeeeeeeee no if that is the truth!
• The musk is not the usual musk it is just not that pleasant
• Me being a avid perfume user it would be definitely one of my day staple but not my favourite.
• Before i brought it, i thought it would be JUST green apples but a perfume is never in a single note or it hardly come across any which is single note.
• I do not like the mixture
So hope this review is helpful for you all smell lovers.
Overall after i finish this bottle i would like to try the delicious night which would be a stronger and night fragrance as my personal choice is all about strong smells
Annick Goutal Petite Cherie Eau de Toilette Review
Bath & Body Works White Citrus Body Splash Review
Chanel Coco Mademoiselle Eau De Parfum Review
Home Fragrance- Scented Candles, Fragrance Oils & Room Sprays
Eau d’Hadrien By Annick Goutal Perfume
Clinique Happy for Men and Women Perfume Review
Avon Simple & Warm Sunshine Eau De Cologne Review
Perfume Shopping Tips: How to Find the Perfect Perfume
Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau de Parfum Review
Types of Perfume: Perfumes, Colognes, Scents & Fragrances
Perfume Shopping Tips: How to Find the Perfect Perfume
Demeter Fragrance Library: Chocolate Covered Cherries and Incense Perfume Review
How To Choose The Right Perfume