I have been experimenting these days with the DIYs. I always find natural remedies to work out better than the chemicals. I recently read somewhere in a magazine about the benefits of radish for skincare. And I was like what? Radish really? And after I read the whole thing it made me believe that radish might actually work for the skin. So I made up this easy peasy recipe and have been using this for a time of 2 weeks every alternative day. Let’s go into detail how to make this face pack.
A little jest about how Radish make the skin better:
- Topical application of radish can help in removing freckles, sun spots and pigmentation. Radish even has a slight bleaching effect and can lighten skin with regular use
- Radish is an excellent source of skin friendly Vitamins A and C. These vitamins protect the skin cells from oxidative stress while also salvaging it from the signs of aging.
- It is a rich source of Vitamin C, a sort of Antioxidant that can stifle the melanin formation and prevent the pigmentation and provide you a clean and smooth skin.
Benefits from this pack:
- Skin whitening with regular use
- Helps to lighten and fade out blemishes
- Helped to reduce pigmentation or freckles
- Reduces dryness on the skin and gives it moisture
- Helps to reduce the size and redness of pimples
- Clean and glowing skin
So let’s step on the way to make this:
Take half a radish and peel of the dirty skin. Wash it properly in cold water so that any kind of dirt and germs will be shoved away. The radish leaves are of no use to us.
Take a grater and grate the radish you have. You can also grind it in a grinder so that you get a fine paste. Grinding would be a better option as the crushed paste from the grater is a bit difficult to apply on the face.
Step 3:Add half a lemon juice to it. This will act as a catalyst to the process and help bleach the skin faster. Do not add lemon if you wish because it does not suit everyone’s skin. It causes a burning sensation which is terrible! So only if you can handle this devil, put it in.
And tadaaa you are done! This can be a little difficult to apply as the grated radish does not co-operate and stick perfectly on the skin. But even if the juice gets applied on the face it is more than enough.
I hope you like the DIY and do apply this regularly to get clear and glowing skin, and please do not expect extra-ordinary whitening. But you can see the difference and that’s what matters!
VLCC Snigdha Skin Whitening Face Wash Aloe Vera and Saffron
Homemade Face Pack for Skin Whitening
Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Whitening & Brightening Masque
Lotus Herbals WHITEGLOW Oatmeal & Yogurt Skin Whitening Scrub
Lotus Herbals Whiteglow Skin Brightening Whitening Serum
The Body Shop Moisture White Shiso Whitening Serum