This is my first perfume review and hope you all like it. I am a big perfume junkie and I just love good smell, people with bad body odor are a big turn off. I use perfume all the time and even if I have to go to the “sabji” market with mom or just chill with my friends. I am not very fond of the fruity-fruity smell of ladies perfume, so I love to experiment with male perfumes as well. I love perfumes that stand out and make heads turn, so today I am going to review “L’Eau The One” perfume by Dolce and Gabbana (for both men and women as I was confused about which one I should get, so I got both :hihi:
Perfumes smell different on different people, it just depends on your body. Some people like my dad are lucky as any perfume that he uses, smells divine, though I am not that blessed, so I try to find my signature perfume.
“The One” by Dolce and Gabbana is one of the best perfumes I have tried and even the male version is not overpowering and subtle enough to use. So, based upon my research and experience, I am writing this review.
Dolce and Gabbana L’eau The One (For Women)
A perfume usually has different notes to it which represents how the perfumes smells at different times as the perfume evaporates, it basically has three notes.
- Top Notes: It is the smell one gets as soon as one opens the bottle and it lasts for 10-15 minutes.
- Middle Notes: The middle notes also the heart of the perfume, which are less stronger and lasts a good 30-40 minutes.
- Base Notes: The base notes of a perfume hold the fragrances together. The ingredients that go into making the base notes have the tenacity to hold the top and middle notes together and stop the perfume from evaporating too quickly. The base notes are supposed to be the dominant part of the perfume which gives the final and unique smell to a perfume.
The Notes in Dolce and Gabbana L’eau The One (For Women) are:
- Top Notes: Mandarin ,peach, lychee, bergamot.
- Middle Notes: Jasmine, lily.
- Base Notes: Vanilla, amber, plum.
Rs. 3500 to Rs. 4000 for Quantity:75Ml/2.5 FL.OZ.
This perfume is a perfect mix of fruity and floral fragrance, can be worn at day and night. It comes in a rectangular, short and stumpy bottle with a silver cap. There is nothing fancy about the bottle, but the perfume is awesome. I am reviewing the L’eau version of the perfume. I have also used the simple version of “The One” and that is also good, but Leau is amazing. It lasts for almost 8 hours or more on me and till 6 hours, it smells good and fresh like its just applied and then starts to fade. So, if you are looking for a good perfume which will stand out, this is the one.
Pros of Dolce and Gabbana L’eau The One Eau de Toilette (For Women):
- Smells of a mixed fruity and floral scent.
- Lasts up to 8 hours.
- Decently priced.
Cons of Dolce and Gabbana L’eau The One Eau de Toilette (For Women):
- There are no cons in this perfume and it is a perfect head turner.
Dolce and Gabbana L’eau The One Eau de Toilette (For Men)
- Top Notes: Grapefruit,coriander,basil.
- Middle Notes: Cardamom, ginger, orange blossom.
- Base Notes: Cedarwood, ambergesir, tobacco.
Rs. 4000 approximately for 100 mL/3.3FL.OZ.
This perfume is a fruity and spicy blend of fragrance that has a woody hint to it and is very appealing. This perfume comes in a simple rectangular glass bottle with a wood-like cap. I think this smells great on men and women. The only downside of this perfume is that it does not last as long as the women version. It lasts for 3 hours and then fades away, but overall is a good perfume. It is more of an evening wear perfume (if you play by the rules), but can wear it any time.
Pros of Dolce and Gabbana L’eau The One Eau de Toilette (For Men):
- Smells great.
- Decently priced.
Cons of Dolce and Gabbana L’eau The One Eau de Toilette (For Men):
- Staying power (3-4 hours).
So, if you are planning to buy a perfume or to gift one to your man, this is a good one and you can also use it, but be a little light handed. As you can see, I have almost finished using this perfume and will buy the “women” one again.
Dolce and Gabbana Light Blue For Women Eau De Toilette
NARS Dolce Vita Blush Review, Swatch, FOTD
Nars Dolce Vita Velvet Matte Lip Pencil Review, Swatch, FOTD
Leyende La Dolce Facial Scrub
Elizabeth Arden’s Red Door Eau De Toilette Spray
The Body Shop Mandarin Orchid Eau De Toilette
Avon Urban Flowers New York Eau De Toilette
Oriflame Enigma Eau De Toilette
Adidas Pure Lightness Eau De Toilette
Armani Code Sport Eau De Toilette
Lacoste Joy of Pink Eau de Toilette
Davidoff Cool Water Woman Eau De Toilette
Ralph By Ralph Lauren Eau de Toilette
Flower by Kenzo Eau de Toilette