WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hello everyone! This is my first post here and I am really excited to be a part of IMBB gang! This one is about 10 simple Do’s and Don’ts to maintain a soft, smooth and younger-looking skin that anyone can use. Just by making the right skin-care choices to combat environmental damage and treating your skin gently, you can easily ensure that those wrinkles don’t come knocking on your door early!
• Use a moisturizer with sunscreen every morning all year around – that’s the first rule of healthy, youthful skin. UV rays are damaging – rain or shine. And don’t forget to slather it even if you are indoors because the windows can’t shield you from UVA rays which cause skin aging. Choose a mineral based sunscreen with zinc oxide if you are concerned about irritation or sensitive skin (especially suitable for the delicate eye area) and also provides broad-spectrum UV protection. Just do it!
• Every morning, protect your skin with a skin-care product containing a cocktail of antioxidants (they often work best in synergy) mainly vitamins A, C and E which protect skin from skin- damaging environmental factors & free radicals. Anti-aging products (particularly those with antioxidants) can start to be used as early as age 21 to maintain a youthful, healthy skin. To make things easier, you can probably find a good SPF moisturizer with antioxidants
• Get your beauty sleep. While you snooze, your skin revitalizes by repairing itself from the damage caused by free radicals and environmental pollutants. Try to sleep for at least seven to eight hours to prevent your skin from looking dull and tired.
• Curb your sweet tooth for a younger-looking skin. Overindulging in sugar (and corn syrup or even fruit juice concentrates) can prematurely age skin by weakening collagen and elastin as early as your 30’s.
• Quit smoking. Besides the obvious health hazards, smoking also destroys collagen and elastin and decreases estrogen levels, which are necessary to keep skin firm.
• Never sleep with makeup on. If you don’t remove your makeup before bed, products can build up in your pores and cause breakouts. Removing makeup also gives your skin a clean palette for applying your night-time performance products for maximum absorption. If you are usually too tired to wash your face before bed, perform your night- time skin routine around 7 or 8 so that you don’t miss it. Make up removing wipes are also a great option for occasional quick cleanse.
• Ditch anti-aging products packaged in jars. Effective ingredients like antioxidants and retinol begin to degrade as soon as the cap comes off and air hits the formula. Creams or serums packed in aluminum tubes or plastic pump bottles retain their efficacy much longer and thus benefit your skin.
• Avoid vigorous rubbing of the skin – be it a washcloth or a rotating facial cleansing brush like the one from Clarisonic or Olay as the action of the bristles being massaged over skin again and again causes inflammation that eventually hurts skin in the long run and even possibly make the brown spots worse over time. Also, don’t use overly abrasive scrubs such as those that contain aluminum oxide crystals, walnut shells, or pumice.
• Always avoid toners and astringents (or any other skin-care/makeup product) that contain alcohol as one of the main ingredients since alcohol can be really irritating for the skin. Even though you can’t see or feel it, irritation take place just below the skin’s surface most of the times. Why is it so bad for the skin? There are plenty of reasons but primarily irritation causes dryness, free-radical damage, and hurts your skin’s ability to produce healthy collagen and control inflammation.
• Do not use bar soaps or cleansers because the ingredients that keep bar soaps in solid form can clog pores and are too drying for skin. A hydrating body wash (like Olay, Dove) is more gentle on your skin and thus much better. However, body washes (or even shampoos) that contain Sodium lauryl sulfate should also be avoided since it’s very drying for the skin. Note : Sodium laureth sulfate is a milder cleansing agent that’s gentle on the skin.
Hope you gals find these skincare tips useful. Would love to hear your thoughts, comments or suggestions. 🙂
Freelance writer and beauty blogger with a focus on smart skincare to look fabulous naturally over the years. I love to try out new things in makeup and skincare to satisfy my beauty appetite and enjoy rambling about fabulous beauty finds and tips. You can find my musings on beautytidbits.com
Skin Care for Hands: How to Keep Your Hand Beautiful and Soft
Atopic Dermatitis: Skin Care for Babies
Glowing Skin Home Remedies
10 Tips for Glowing Skin from Kitchen Shelf
Secretive Beauty Secrets of Bollywood Celebrities
10 Health Tips Using Water
Work Makeup Routine & Beauty Tips