WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Hope all of you are having fun!
Today, I am here to share a special gift from someone special, it’s none other than IMBB. Thank you Team IMBB for this pampering and special skin care gift from Dr. Brandt. I love this “Allure award” winner skin care product which seems good for my oily skin. Well, Dr. Brandt is a Korean skin care and make up brand which does not need any introduction on IMBB. We all know their products are quite good and I like their skin care products for the decent results and anti-ageing benefits. They live up to their claims, but the only downside is the high price. However, I am happy with my Dr Dennis Gross Skincare regimen and after finishing up Dr Dennis Gross skin care moisturizer, I thought why not try Dr Brandt this time? I am glad that I picked this Dr Brandt XYY Xtend Your Youth Face Cream on behalf of IMBB! Read on further to know more about Dr Brandt XYY Xtend Your Youth Face Cream.
Price: $59 for 1.7 Oz (50 ml), price excludes shipping and tax charge.
- Green Tea, White Tea, Grape Seed: Preserves, smoothes lines.
- DERMASHIELD Red Rose-Wine +Pro-Taurine + Osmanthus Flower: Promotes radiance and health Smoothes and firms.
- Murmuru + Shea + Kokum Butters: Nourishes, minimizes fine lines.
This antioxidant-enriched moisturizer provides the skin with 12 hours of protection against free radicals and external aggressors, unveiling a luminous, healthy and youthful complexion. Formulated with Dr. Brandt’s revolutionary A3 power, a dynamic shield boosted with anti-oxidant, anti-aging and anti-stress ingredients. Day after day, skin is rehydrated, smoother, softer & more resistant to the signs of aging.
- Smoothes lines and repairs first signs of aging.
- Soothes and protects skin from oxidative stress and inflammation.
- Prevents premature aging due to stress and environmental aggressors.
My Experience with Dr. Brandt XYY Xtend Your Youth Face Cream:
As I said, I am really happy with my routine moisturizers and serums and bought this cream for a change. I am glad that my decision was wise as this cream is equally good for my oily and acne-prone skin like my other loved products from Dr Dennis Gross though I simply feel they are little over priced. However, I would anytime prefer this face cream over Dr Dennis moisturizer.
It’s a gel-based off-white moisturizer which feels very lightweight on my skin. It comes in a safe and hygienic bottle packaging with pump dispenser. There’s a faint scent during application, but it subsides in seconds after massaging into the skin.
I love the lightweight and non-greasy texture of this face cream on my oily skin. I need a pump or two for the whole face and neck as it effortlessly sinks into my skin with gentle massage strokes. It does not leave any greasy/oily shine on my skin other than dewy look which is manageable for winters though it might be a bit tricky for summers.
Considering the winter season, I feel it does what it claims to do, so up to a good extent, it gives me super soft, glowing skin with its rich yet light texture and good hydrating properties which naturally gives me plumped up and glowing skin. I do feel slightly oily on my T zone by the 5th or 6th hour of application, which seems fine as of now, but it might be a little tricky during summers as my skin becomes more oily by summers than in winters. Other than that, I am really happy to see how it erases dry patches and dead cells off my skin overnight.
It also works fine post alpha/beta peels and/or scrubbing unlike other alcohol-based products which seem over drying on the skin. I had been using it AM/PM since the last 2-3 weeks (which seems too early to predict if it helps with ageing), but I am pretty sure it will certainly help with premature ageing considering the results it showed on my skin in these last few weeks. It certainly improved my skin’s texture from good to good, did not make it worse. I can see that it significantly faded away those laugh lines and crow’s feet which often appear during harsh cold weather. I was enjoying good skin days when I switched to this face cream and to my surprise, it enhanced my natural skin tone and texture without creating any other skin issues or accentuating my oily/acne-prone skin.
It does not claim to clear acne or blackheads/whiteheads, still I notice clear skin with no new breakouts or zits, hence it’s a winner for me. I think I would like to continue with it till summers arrive as I am quite happy with its non-clogging and moisturizing properties on my oily skin. Moreover, it is not as rich and thick as Dr. Dennis Gross Age Erase Moisturizer and hence I replaced the moisturizer with this Dr. Brandt cream.
I fear I might finish it off quickly hence I limited its usage to once a day and it works perfectly on my skin during day time while I bought a new night cream (will review it soon) to save this for my vacation in India. I would definitely recommend it to normal, combination and oily skin during winters and summers while dry skin beauties might like it in summers. I am definitely getting it again for winters if not summers!
Let’s sum up the pros and cons:
Pros of Dr. Brandt XYY Xtend Your Youth Face Cream:
- A super hydrating moisturizer which also doubles up as anti-ageing face cream with its daily dose of anti-oxidants and other beneficial ingredients for the skin.
- Certainly does what it claims to do up to a great extent.
- Quite rich in texture, gives ample hydration and super soft skin in winters yet lightweight and gets absorbed completely into the skin leaving no greasiness/oily residue behind.
- Does not clog my pores, did not cause any breakouts.
- Improved my skin’s texture and tone with regular use.
- Does give me soft, supple skin.
- Erases dry and dead skin patches, also erases fine lines.
- I am pretty sure it will definitely work on the first signs of ageing and delay premature ageing.
- Gives soft, glowing, and shine-free skin for 5-6 hours.
- Perfect for oily, normal and combination skin and also for acne-prone skin. It might be good for dry skin also in summers.
- Travel-friendly packaging.
Cons of Dr. Brandt XYY Xtend Your Youth Face Cream:
- Might be tricky for dry skin in winters.
- Does not help with oil control, I feel my T-zone gets oily after 5-6 hours even in winters.
- Presence of alcohol might bother sensitive skin.
- Might seem overpriced.
Well honestly, I don’t have any such issues with this face cream, it worked like a charm on my weird skin, only to make it better week by week. Moreover, I rarely find anything which works effectively on my oily skin plus it certainly helps with premature ageing and environmental stress. I would continue with it throughout winters and my upcoming vacation though I may change it in summers.
IMBB Rating: I would definitely give it 4.7/5!
Dr Dennis Gross Skincare Age Erase Moisture with Mega 10 Plus
Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution
Dr. Dennis Gross Hydra Pure Oil Free Moisture
Dr Dennis Gross Trifix Oil Free Moisturizer
Dr Dennis Gross Skin Care All In One Cleansing Foam
L’Oreal Paris Youth Code Foaming Gel Cleanser
Lakme Youth Infinity Skin Firming Serum
Ponds Gold Radiance Precious Youth Serum
L’Oreal Youth Code Youth Booster Serum
Jovees Pearl Whitening Face Cream
First Aid Beauty Daily Face Cream
Origins Mega-Mushroom Skin Relief Soothing Face Cream
Kama Eladi Hydrating Ayurvedic Face Cream
L’Occitane Shea Butter Ultra Rich Face Cream