How are you doing today? Hope everything is fine on your side! Today, I bring you a much-raved and talked about product – Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid and Retinol Brightening Serum Solution. The first and foremost feature (and I am sure for everyone will be) is that it’s vegan and cruelty free, which totally makes sense for Indian market, which is likely to sweep away all other foreign brands that test on animals. I know it is a heartbreaking news, but I am also dreaming of a good change and wish all those great brands stop testing on animals, if not in the name of humanity, then at least for the sake of their endangered business in India and other countries. However, there are many other practices which need strict measures which are equally threatening for animals for example – eating them in our meals, making them prisoners in zoos, etc.
We should also stop entertaining leather, tuskers, fur business as well. Anyway, let’s talk about this Dr Dennis Gross Skin Care Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution.
$88.00 for 1.0 fl Oz (30 ml), price excludes shipping and taxes.
This colorless watery solution comes in a dark, sturdy glass bottle packaging with tight fitted black cap and one extra cap with dropper attachment. The packaging also comes up with 30 counts of micro-fiber pads which are quite thin and great for applying serum onto the skin. However, they finish up real fast while the serum lasts longer. The serum has a faint smell which is not overpowering. Overall, quite an user-friendly and travel-friendly product, though it’s a bit pricey.
My Experience with Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution:
This is my first retinol-infused serum product and I am quite happy with my purchase, though the heavy price tag is a bit scary. I have been using it since 2-2.5 months religiously and it has not disappointed me. It did not cause any allergic reactions or any red/bumpy/flaky skin thankfully. I had a mild acne attack when I started using this serum and within a week of usage, my acne and acne marks faded away, which is quite an achievement as I was able to flaunt clean and flawless skin throughout the festival season. I can also vouch for its toning property as it completely replaced my routine toners in 2-2.5 months. It actually simplified my skin care and makeup regime. I never felt the need of using a primer and foundation ever since I started using this serum. Yes gals, once again, I am enjoying minimal/no makeup days in my life as it takes care of all the nasty zits, breakouts and shine off my face for good 6-8 hours alone. I only need powder touch up for special occasions. It also works well with any moisturizer and makeup as I never found any side effects of using it beneath my makeup as well as my daily skin care regimen. All I need is this serum plus moisturizer for fresh and glowing start to my day.
I do see mild dry patches and flakes on my skin sometimes and as per my skin care specialist, these are signs of natural exfoliation and debris of my dried acne which I easily get rid of through the scrubbing process the next day. In fact, it gives a new life to my skin which is way softer, smoother and glowing than ever. It also clears light pigmentation due to ageing or sun damage which certainly makes me believe that it will equally benefit ageing skin. However, I make sure not to use it at bedtime because I use Ole Henriksen Night Gel at that time and both these products are more or less similar in formulation and properties and secondly, this serum is too pricey to be used twice a day 😛
I can say that I do not regret my purchase a bit, but I do not see much difference in my blackheads, even after months of regular usage, sadly. Practically, it is a minor issue, but considering the price, I was expecting it to be a little more promising. But if you are blessed with blackhead-free skin, then it is a magic wand for your skin all year round. It will give you amazing flawless skin within a week. I highly recommend this serum to every skin type, especially oily and acne-prone skin; however, it is mild even on dry skin.
Let’s sum up pros and cons:
Pros of Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution:
- A highly effective and lightweight serum infused with the goodness of ferulic acid and retinol solution apart from glycolic acid and other beneficial ingredients.
- It is paraben free and also free of synthetic fragrances/dyes, sulfates, petrochemicals, phthalates, triclosan and GMOs.
- Highly effective on mild and severe acne.
- Cleared up my acne, zits, in 4-5 days completely.
- Clears away all zits and scars completely with no chance of re-emergence at all.
- Completely replaced my routine toners with its amazing cleansing and toning properties.
- Blurs out and temporarily shrinks out open pores for good 5-6 hours.
- I use it beneath my moisturizer and it gives me shine free, clean, glowing skin for good 6-8 hours, that too without make up.
- Would replace primer/foundation from your makeup routine.
- Regular usage will make skin softer, cleaner, acne free, and youthful.
- A little drop goes a long way to cover the whole face and it immediately assimilates into the skin.
- Does not cause any allergic reaction.
- Works well in conjunction with my regular skin care regime as well as makeup.
- A small 1 Fl Oz bottle will serve for good 3-4 months, even if used twice daily.
- A complete user-friendly and travel-friendly product. Also, vegan and cruelty free.
Cons of Dr. Dennis Gross Ferulic Acid + Retinol Brightening Solution:
- Not much effective on blackheads.
- Seems pricey for a small 30 ml bottle.
- It might cause the skin to go dry and scaly after a few uses, though that’s very mild and usually subsides with exfoliating and moisturizing skin.
- Not 100% naturally formulated, contains a few chemicals like ethanol, urea, glycerin, etc., which might be tricky for sensitive skin types.
Overall, I love it for its amazing results though I might keep it on hold for some time as I am looking for an effective treatment to clear off my blackheads first. Undoubtedly, it is my first choice in serums. I would like to give it 4.5/5 wholeheartedly!
Dr Dennis Gross Trifix Oil Free Moisturizer
Dr. Dennis Gross Hydra Pure Oil Free Moisture
Dr Dennis Gross Skin Care All In One Cleansing Foam
Timeless Skin Care 20% Vitamin C + E Ferulic Acid Serum
What is a Retinol Cream?
L’Occitane Immortelle Brightening Moisture Cream
Kama Rejuvenating and Brightening Ayurvedic Night Cream
Aromamagic Brightening Beauty Pack
L’Oreal Paris White Perfect Purifying and Brightening Milky Foam
Hair4U Topical Solution
Dr. Reddy’s Mintop Hair Fall Solution
Clinique Acne Solutions Liquid Makeup