Are you tired of those extra pounds that make you look like the Pillsbury doughboy in all your pictures? Yet you still don’t feel motivated enough from the inside to hit the gym to get trim and slim? Well then, we might have a wonderful and proven solution for you then. We all know that the most popular drink for weight loss is green tea and any person who wants to lose weight, incorporates green tea into his/her routine. But do you know, there is another popular variant of drink that can aid you in your weight loss journey and it’s green tea! Yeah, you heard it right! Just like green tea, green coffee also has immense benefits when it comes to weight loss. So, in today’s post, we will tell you about how green coffee helps you in losing those pesky pounds. And all you need to do is prepare this magic concoction and drink it a few times a day. Sounds too good to be true? Well it is not – it is absolutely true!!!!
What is Green Coffee?
Green coffee is actually unroasted coffee beans that are rich in green antioxidants and chlorogenic acid which have proven to be beneficial for weight loss. The chlorogenic acid present in green coffee beans can get destroyed upon roasting and that’s why green coffee is made with unroasted coffee beans as it has weight loss properties.
How does Green Coffee aid in Weight Loss?
Green coffee beans are known to contain good quantities of caffeine. This caffeine can help in speeding up the metabolism process. The main agent behind this health benefit is chlorogenic acid. It helps in reduction and absorption of carbohydrates from the digestive tract, which helps in lowering blood sugar and insulin levels. Other than this, it helps in blood circulation and improves the health of liver. Drinking green coffee also helps you feel fuller for a longer period of time, hence avoiding unwanted calorie intake. In a research conducted on rats, green coffee has been shown to inhibit weight gain due to decreased absorption of carbohydrates from the diet, or via some other mechanism. So, this wonder drink surely helps in weight loss.
What type of Green Coffee is Good for Weight Loss?
- Soluble green coffee powder: This is the easiest and quickest to make and it is also easily procurable from the market. All you have to do is add water to a teaspoon of green coffee powder. This green coffee powder is also available in different forms like powdered, freeze dried, and granulated. This form of green coffee houses more caffeine content in it. In case you want to avoid this, you can lay your hands green coffee extracts which might be a great alternative to soluble coffee.
- Green coffee extracts: This form of green coffee is available in the form of pills or powdered form. It contains high degree of chlorogenic acid and nutrients in it, but before trying out these pills, have a word with your dietician. Now comes the next obvious question.
How to Drink Green Coffee for Weight Loss?
Here we will tell you about the right way of drinking green coffee in order to get maximum benefits out of it.
1. Choosing the Best Type of Green Coffee: The first and foremost task is to choose the best type of green coffee. You have to get the best quality available so as not to compromise on the quality. In this case, organic green coffee is the best choice as it comes free of harmful ingredients. Now that you have your green coffee powder, just grind it and pour hot water in a teaspoon of green coffee powder. Enjoy your drink.
2. Mix Supplements: When you find the taste of green coffee boring, you can spice the taste with the help of supplements. For example, in addition to this, you can use other weight-loss ingredients like turmeric, cinnamon, mint leaves, or ginger. This will further enhance the quality of the drink. Green coffee with turmeric is great combination boost metabolism and increase insulin sensitivity. You need to take half a teaspoon of turmeric powder and add it to your cup of green coffee for at least five minutes before drinking. You can also use natural turmeric for better results. If you use cinnamon with green coffee, mix one-inch stick of cinnamon in a cup of water overnight. The next morning, prepare your green coffee in the usual manner. This drink has great anti-inflammation and helps in regulating blood sugar levels. Mint is also a great supplement that you can mix with your cup of green coffee. Just steep few mint leaves in your green coffee for five minutes before drinking it. This will help in body detoxification and aid in weight loss. Another supplement that can make your green coffee drink tastier is ginger. Add some crushed ginger to your cup of hot green coffee. Let it see for 5 minutes before drinking. The strain and enjoy your drink.
3. Avoid Sugary Foods: Sugar is the main hurdle and if you want to lose weight, so avoid sugary foods under all costs when you are following a green coffee weight loss routine. Having sweet food items will fail the benefit of having green coffee.
4. Do Not Drink Green Coffee immediately after Meals: The best time to have green coffee is in the morning right after you wake up or after your daily workout session. You can also have it with your breakfast or before having your lunch. It can also be taken during evening along with your evening snack. But remember never to consume green coffee immediately after a meal. This might cause food poisoning if the ingredients present in green coffee mixes with the food that you intake. So, never have it after meals.
5. Follow a Healthy Lifestyle: Along with that, in order to maximize the benefits of having such a drink, you need to follow a healthy lifestyle strictly. Do workouts, eat healthy and above all keep yourself stress free.
So, now you are well aware of how you should use green coffee to lose extra pounds. Follow the tips in the right manner and make green coffee your best friend for weight loss. That’s all folks.