Hey Ladies Wassup!!
How is summer treating you? For me I don’t like it 🙁 . But I’m making it better for me by preparing various homemade concoctions that will last me this entire summer! The thing that I dislike about homemade products is that you always have to make a fresh batch since they do not last long; but I have now been researching on the power of essential oils and increasing the shelf life of my products 😀 . So now I do not have to wait for weekends to treat my skin with the much needed nature’s boost but rather prepare a good batch and help my skin recover from the harsh summers. 🙂
So here is one really simple and a great recipe on ‘Homemade Facial Toner’
- Take a small bottle of pure rose water (Please do not go for gulabari ensure that it is genuine)
- Add 10 drops of Tea Tree essential oil
- Add 20 drops of Rosemary essential oil
- Shake well and store it in a tight bottle. Ta daaa!
- Ensure that you shake well before every use
Importance of ‘Homemade Facial Toner’
Toner’s I believe are especially important during summers; since the sweat leads to excess sebum production, leading to clogged pores. This toner will help clear the excess sebum, it does NOT affect your natural oil glands which are important and works as a defence mechanism for our skin.
Normally we use alcohol based toners in summers, since it works on the same as mentioned above, but little we realise that alcohol is actually drying out our skin leading to more oil production. Now you might say that “Alcohol helps me combat acne and gives a cooling feel to my skin”, so let me now throw some light on the benefits of each ingredient used in this ‘Homemade Facial Toner’
Benefits of Ingredients used in this ‘Homemade Facial Toner”
- Rose water balances the pH level of our skin.
- It hydrates and rejuvenates our skin.
- It calms any kind of stress and anxiety.
- Works great in healing the skin from sunburns.
- It helps in combating mild dandruff for hair.
- Helps keep wrinkles at bay.
Tea Tree Essential Oil:
- A total saviour for acne attacks, tea tree oil is known to have 5% strength as benzyl peroxide.
- Great at removing excess oil.
- Amazing facial cleanser.
- Also this is a star ingredient to increase longevity of this toner.
- It is also great for dry skin, since it balances the production of oil so ultimately it doesn’t dry out your skin.
Rosemary Essential Oil:
- First and foremost it acts as a great natural fragrance in your product.
- Rosemary essential oil rehydrates and tones your skin.
- Being rich in powerful antioxidants, rosemary oil slows down the effect of ageing on the skin. It helps in tightening sagging and loose skin, thus making it firmer and more elastic.
- The medicinal qualities of rosemary essential oil make it beneficial for treating chronic skin conditions such as dermatitis, eczema and psoriasis. (Though you might need professional help if that is your main skin concern).
- When inhaled, it boosts your immune system and sharpens your mind.
This homemade facial toner removes all the dirt and grime from your face, making it clean and dewy.
Storage and Shelf Life:
- When stored properly i.e. in an air tight bottle and in a dry cool area (your dressing cabinet would do) it will last for about 2-3 months. Yes almost entire summers!
- If for some reason you start noticing a major colour change (slight is normal here as you can see in the image), prepare a fresh batch, trust me it wouldn’t take more than 3 minutes!
Other Uses of this ‘Homemade Facial Toner’
- Mix it with any of your face packs to make a soothing paste.
- Also works as a great concoction for your hair, massage and leave it on!
- Great as a hand and foot soak.
Do make this and I’m sure you’ll love the feeling. Happy DIY’ing !
See you soon. Love and Light,
Top 15 Homemade Face Toner Recipes
Homemade Toners for Dry Skin
Homemade Green Tea Ice Facial with Essential Oils and Toner
6 Homemade Toners for Normal Skin
Homemade Toner For Oily and Acne Prone Skin – Do It Yourself
Homemade Mint, Neem and Lemon Toner: Do It Yourself
Tips for Toning and Moisturizing
Green Tea Toner and Face Pack: Do It Yourself
Homemade Rose Water Toner: Do It Yourself
Easiest Black Smokey Eye Tutorial
5 Fabulous Scrubs for the Summers from Your Kitchen
Cleanser and Toner for Summers and Winters: Ask IMBB