Easy Foot Care Tips for Happy Feet
Hi Beauties!! :-*
It is said that you can have an idea about the hygiene of a person by simply taking a look at his shoes or feet. In fact, the way your feet look can tell the other person much about your personal cleanliness.
Most of us tend to spend more time on our face rather than our feet and neglect them. Feet are very similar to hands, but they don’t get similar treatment because our hands are always on display and we take care of them, treating them with manicure, fancy lotions, and nail arts. It is very easy to neglect your feet, but it’s a very bad habit which can lead to yellow, chipped thick toenails, drying and peeling skin, altogether disgusting feet!! :shocked:
I love pampering my feet. Like every day, I follow CTM religiously for my face, I do the same for my feet. Proper cleaning and moisturizing are keys to great looking soft smooth feet. Mostly, I wear espadrilles or open sandals so my feet gets easily tanned and not taking proper care will make them look ugly; a total turnoff for me.
So here are few tips which I follow to keep my feet happy!! :))
• You should at least once in a month wax and bleach your feet; it removes the tan.
• In the shower, take a pumice rock or pedi scrubber and clean the bottom of foot lightly.
• Almond oil is very good for your skin. Applying it regularly to your feet after bath will get you a smooth result.
• Soak feet for 10 minutes in warm water to which salt has been added. Remove and scrub dry, especially between the toes. This is the easiest way to relax tired feet. In the case of a sprain, add Epsom salt to the water for best results.
• To get rid of dry skin from feet, put soap on sponge and rub on feet and wash. Apply baby oil or slather good amount of petroleum jelly.
• Wear your socks after you apply cream, this would prevent rubbing off the cream.
• If your feet are dark than the rest of the leg, mix lemon juice, curd, wheat flour and make like paste and apply, and remove after 5 minutes.
• Keep heels smooth by rubbing them occasionally with fresh lime juice or massage with a nourishing cream.
• To fight cracked heels, mix a few drops of lemon juice in Vaseline and apply it at the required area.
• If your feet sweat too much, mix 10 drops of lavender oil in water and soak feet in it for 15 minutes. Pat dry and apply talcum powder.
• Regular pedicure is also very essential to have clean and good feet.
• Have at least one foot bath per week. Now, what is a foot bath?? It’s nothing, its giving a bath to your feet :tongue: This foot bath had been recommended to me by my beautician.
A Foot Bath For Beautiful Feet:
This magic mix can make the skin of your feet smooth and beautiful.
- One cup lemon juice.
- Two tablespoons olive oil.
- 1/4 cup of milk.
- Cinnamon for fragrance.
- Water (temperature and amount are not important).
Mix all ingredients in a tub or your foot bath container. You can substitute any spice, perfume or flower petals for the cinnamon. Soak for a while. Wash with a mild soap. Repeat for a few weeks to achieve silky, smooth feet.
Lastly, I want to share a foot cream recipe (dadi ma ke nuske), which I use when my feet feels very dry, especially during the winters. Dry feet will become soft and smooth overnight if you use this banana foot cream. You can use this for hands also.
- One banana.
- 4 tablespoons of honey.
- 3 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- 2 tablespoons of margarine/butter/mayonnaise.
- 1/2 tbsp of aloe vera.
• Mix the ingredients together until they form a cream. It’s much easier if you use a blender, but a fork and a bowl will do.
• Rub the mixture on your hands and wear gloves (even socks on your hands if you don’t have gloves) to bed.
• Rub the mixture on your feet and wear heavy socks to bed.
• Remove your gloves and socks in the morning.
• Wash your hands and feet.
Have a Happy Feet Day Ladies :yahoo: :pompom:
Hope you liked my article girls and do share how you take care of your feet :))
Paraffin Wax Treatment for Hands & Feet
Oriflame Feet Up Soothing Foot Cream
Best Nail Paint Color for Feet : ask IMBB
Krack Happy Feet Radiant Foot Moisturiser
How to Select the Right Heels for Your Feet
7 Common Foot Ailments- Causes, Remedies and Exercises
Oriflame Soothing Foot Cream with Chamomile
H20 Plus Softening Mint Foot Rub
Fish Spa for Feet
How To Do Pedicure At Home in 5 Easy Steps
Scholl Foot and Nail Cream
Home Remedies for Cracked Heels
Oriflame Eucalyptus Exfoliating Foot Scrub
Jovees Foot Care 2 in 1
Himalaya Foot Care Cream and TBS No More Rough Stuff Pumice
Monsoon Footwear and Foot Care
Bath and Body Works Toe The Line : Smoothing Foot Scrub
Avon Foot Works Refreshing Citrus Foot Soak
Oriflame Overnight Foot Cream with Avocado
VlCC Pediglow Pedicure Kit