What Should I Eat at Night to Lose Weight? You can lose weight by making simple changes in your diet and routine. Along with drinking lots of water to keep your metabolism running smoothly, cutting down on sugar and aerated drinks, and exercising a bit to burn calories, you should include these food items in your night-time routine to shed some extra pounds. So, here are some food stuff that you should eat at night to lose weight. Eating non-starchy foods at night will also help you from building up fat in your body.
What Should I Eat at Night to Lose Weight?
1. Cucumber: Cucumbers can help you lose weight because they are very low in calories, less than 20 calories. Cucumbers are fat free so you can eat as many cucumbers without the fear of adding up fat content at night. Additionally, make this overnight weight loss drink to drop pounds quickly – Take one cucumber, one lemon, 2 tbsp of aloe vera juice, half an inch of grated ginger, half a glass of water, and one whole bunch of coriander leaves. Grind these all together and consume this juice before going to bed.
2. Carrots: Carrots have less fat content, have high fiber content. Fiber-rich foods take longest to digest and give you a feeling of fullness, and will prevent you from binging any further.
3. Mushrooms: Mushrooms have a lot of good nutrients including riboflavin, copper, selenium, niacin, and also fiber. Mushrooms are very low in calorie and a good choice to include in your dinner.
4. Cauliflower: Cauliflower is extremely low in calories, less than 25. You can grate up cauliflower and replace it to make healthy cauliflower pulao.
5. Chilli: Eating a few chillis at night will boost your metabolism and burn away fat by raising heat in your body.
6. Spinach: A cup of spinach at dinner is the healthiest way to lose weight quickly. Saute a few garlic pods in 1 tbsp of olive oil and add a cup of spinach. Eat this just before hitting bed.
7. Curd/yogurt: Curd is rich in calcium and help you burn some extra fat.
8. Green Tea: A cup of green tea can greatly increase your metabolism and help in burning calories.
9. Lemon: Lemon speeds up metabolism and lemon in hot water will speed up the digestion process at night and to burn calories.
10. Broccoli: Broccoli is rich in nutrients and vitamins and is extremely low in calories. Saute a few broccoli pieces in olive oil. The phytochemicals in broccoli help to break down fat.
11. Egg whites: Eggs are rich in protein, essentials vitamins and minerals. Whole eggs are also an awesome weight loss food.
12. Oats: Don’t restrict oats for breakfast. Oats are rich in fiber, will keep you full through the night, so that you can avoid late-night binging.
13. Apple: Apples are rich in fiber. Studies have shown that eating apples whether it’s daytime or night will help you lose weight.
14. Almonds: Though almonds are not exactly a low-calorie item, they are rich in nutrients and vitamins and will keep metabolism active and will not allow it to go sluggish.
15: Fox nut or makhana: Makhana is a healthy snack. Makhana or puffed up lotus seeds, are low in calories and are a good source of protein. Makhanas are also rich in iron and you can dry roast them without any oil with a sprinkling of pepper powder to help with weight loss.
16: Greek yogurt: Choose low-fat greek yogurt as a night snack to lose weight.
17. Cinnamon: Cinnamon can boost up your metabolism and cut down on fat really well. Add half a tbsp of cinnamon powder to warm water and consume it at night.
18. Whole grain toast: Made from whole grain bread, whole grain toast is healthy and will you from piling on calories.
19. Banana: Bananas have tryptophan in them, they help you sleep better and will keep you full for longer.
20. Apple cider vinegar: Apple cider vinegar helps to reduce sugar content in body, reduces belly fat, and also triggers weight loss. Pour one tsp of apple cider vinegar in one glass of lukewarm water and drink at night before going to bed.