I have been using Morphe Foundation Brush to blend my foundation and cream products to get a well-blended look. They work well but to add the finishing touches to my overall look, I go over with a wet makeup sponge to absorb excess of product and remove brush bristles streaks. This gives a flawless look to the overall look. I have tried makeup sponges by a variety of brands and from wide range of price range and no matter how expensive they are, they all have similar performance and same shelf life.
The perfecting blender duo is designed with EcoFoam Technology in two sizes and densities to create a camera ready look. The Large Base Blender is soft and flexible to create light, buildable makeup application. The Mini Detail Blender is firmer for more precise and detailed coverage.
My Experience with Ecotools Perfecting Blender Duo:
The sponges come snugly packed in a clear plastic case. They are of two different sizes. The bigger one is lime green in color with a round bottom to seamlessly blend cream or liquid foundation and cover large area in one go. The other edge has a flat surface similar to a makeup wedge to apply makeup and the wedge like tip to reach the corners of the face and under eye area and area around mouth and nose. The smaller sponge is light green in color but has precisely the same shape as the larger one. The smaller one is perfect for applying makeup in the under-eye area or for cream contouring and highlighting.
These sponges are made up of 70% plant-based material. When these sponges are allowed to absorb water, they become twice their size and once all the water is rinsed out they are ready for use. The larger of the two sponges is perfect for applying makeup in bouncing motion to ensure streak less, airbrush finish to makeup. Different parts of sponges can be used to apply color correctors, base makeup, cream contour and highlighter. These sponges are very versatile, and one sponge can be used for overall makeup application.
These sponges are well made and apply makeup just as good as any other higher-end makeup sponge. They are easy to clean especially with a good dish wash soap. They do not crack or break easily and have a decent shelf like which is not more than a couple of months for any makeup sponge.
Pros of Ecotools Perfecting Blender Duo:
- Affordable makeup sponges and are easily available in drugstores and Ulta.
- They are made of a sustainable plant-based material and is perfect for vegans and environmentally-conscious people.
- These sponges have a round bottom to seamlessly blend cream or liquid foundation and cover large area in one go.
- The other edge has a flat surface similar to a makeup wedge to apply makeup and the wedge like tip to reach the corners of the face and under eye area and area around mouth and nose.
- They give a flawless finish to makeup and are just as good as other more expensive options.
- They are easy to clean and do not crack after regular use. They have a good shelf life of couple of months.
Cons of Ecotools Perfecting Blender Duo:
- The shape might not be to everyone’s liking since some might like tear drop shape more than this.
Would I Recommend Ecotools Perfecting Blender Duo?
These sponges are affordable, easy to clean and to use and are just as good as other more expensive options. They are versatile and can be used for overall makeup application.
EcoTools Total Perfecting Blender
EcoTools Precision Blush Brush
EcoTools Blending and Bronzing Brush
Ecotools Retractable Face Brush
10 Effective Ways to Clean Your Beauty Blender and Makeup Sponges
Morphe M501 Pro Pointed Blender Brush
How To Use Beauty Blender With Liquid Foundation