The popularity of facial oils in skincare routine has gained immense popularity over the past few years. Just a few drops of oil can do wonders for our skin by nourishing it, making it more firm and taut, and revitalizing by adding oodles of moisture. The natural ageing process cannot be prevented; however, premature ageing is a common concern in the current scenario with pollution and bad lifestyle practices accelerating the ageing process. Certain facial oils can help to reverse the damage done and also essentially prevent further damage. As we age, there’s a decrease in production of collagen and moisture, and it starts getting dry and dehydrated, and that’s when fine lines and wrinkles appear prominently. This is where facial oils gain prominence because they are rich in moisture, high on antioxidants and vitamins, and boost collagen production. Most facial oils also act as humectant by locking in moisture. Certain facial oils with vitamin A and retinol content also stimulate collagen production. An ideal facial oil should be able to penetrate deeply into the skin layers, with a non-sticky finish, leave it soft, nourished, and supple. In this post, we would list out 11 effective facial oils to reduce wrinkles by making it smooth, more radiant and reviving, nourishing and revitalizing skin, making it elastic and firm, thereby reducing the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
What is Collagen?
Collagen is a kind of protein most commonly found in the tissues of bones, muscles, and skin. Collagen is extremely important to keep the skin healthy, youthful, and firm because 80% of the skin has collagen protein. Collagen and elastic are proteins keep the skin firm, elastic and healthy. Surprisingly, the production of collagen starts to drop from the age of 25, and since then, every year, the skin loses 1-2% of collagen. Lack of collagen is what causes appearance of wrinkles and fine lines on the skin.
11 Effective Facial Oils to Reduce Wrinkles:
We have picked 10 of the most effective facial oils that can reduce all signs of ageing including fine lines, wrinkles, and even age spots.
1. Argan oil: It’s called as “liquid gold,” and is an anti-ageing oil that moisturizes skin, protects from sun damage, rich in fatty acids, antioxidants, and vitamin E content. You can add a drop or two of argan oil in your daily moisturizer and even makeup foundation to reap its benefits. You can also apply argan oil directly on the skin, leave it as an overnight serum, and wake up to soft and beautiful skin.
2. Sweet Almond Oil: It’s an excellent oil to reduce fine lines and wrinkles with its high vitamin E content. It is also rich in antioxidants and heals the skin. It is effective because it can penetrate into the deeper layers of skin. Almond oil is also good for fading dark under-eye circles.
3. Rosehip seed oil: It has essential fatty acids, antioxidants, and helps to add brightness to the skin and fades away dark spots and hyperpigmentation. It also boosts collagen production with regular use.
4. Kiwi oil: This oil is rich in antioxidants, vitamin C, K, E and trace minerals like copper, potassium, and linoelic acid and omega-fatty acids too. It acts as a natural moisturizer, treats dryness, fades away acne scars and prevents signs of ageing.
5. Sea buckthorn oil: It has high vitamin C content, also omega-3 fatty acids, fights free radicals and repairs damaged skin, clears small wrinkles. It also prevents all signs of ageing including age spots.
6. Coconut oil: This oil can be used from head to toe, and since we are talking about anti-ageing here, we would talk about the high vitamin A and E content, antioxidants that fight all signs of ageing. Massaging the skin with coconut oil is probably the most cheapest way to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. Read about 7 Ways to Use Coconut Oil for Wrinkles and Saggy Skin.
7. Avocado oil: This oil has the ability to deeply penetrate and moisturize the skin. It has anti-inflammatory benefits too, heals skin, and improves skin tone with its high vitamin E and antioxidant content. It also reduces scars, hydrates skin, and stimulates collagen production.
8. Jojoba oil: If you have oily or acne-prone skin and not sure about using oils on your skin, pick jojoba oil without any doubt, and that’s because this oil has anti-inflammatory properties, and has molecules similar to sebum and stabilizes sebum levels, is hypoallergenic in nature, comes very low on the comedogenic scale. Jojoba oil has excellent moisturizing properties, also it is a humectant which means it would lock the moisture in. It’s anti-ageing properties keep skin by promoting collagen production. Read about 9 Surprising Reasons to Incorporate Jojoba Oil into Your Beauty Routine.
9. Lemon essential oil: We all know vitamin C boosts collagen production and increase cell turnover really well and that’s why we recommend lemon essential oil with its high vitamin C content as a good anti-ageing oil.
10. Carrot seed oil: This oil has vitamin A, vitamin E, and vitamin C – all of which work really well to retain skin’s youthfulness and to reduce the appearance of wrinkles.
11. Wheatgerm oil: Anti-ageing skincare products use wheatgerm oil extensively due to its vitamin E, fatty acids, vitamin B6 content that not only heals dry skin and acts as an emollient, it also boosts collagen production, treating all signs of premature ageing.
If you are looking for a good anti-ageing product, do pick an oil from the list mentioned above, and the best part is that they cost nothing compared to expensive anti-ageing serums and skincare products in the market.