We all desire to achieve soft, smooth, and flawless facial skin.. Acne, pimples, zits, blemishes, and not to forget large facial pores come in the way of clear skin. In fact, large pores on the face can spoil the party for us. They tend to add textural irregularity to the skin. Caused by genetic factors, ageing process, and exposure to the sun, large skin pores are a common facial skin care problem faced my many of us. But large facial pores are a problem during summers when there’s overproduction of sebum and pollutants and dirt and bacteria get trapped in these pores and give rise to pimples and acne. Mentioned below are few tips that will enable you to deal with this problem.
Reasons Why Large Facial Pores Show up on the Skin:
- When your skin stretches and sags, facial pores become large and more visible.
- Sebaceous glands become overactive in summer and leads the pores to appear large.
Home Remedies to Reduce Facial Pores:
• Glycerine is the most effective remedy for large pores. Cleanse your face, scrub it, and apply a liberal amount of glycerine. Leave it on for 1/2 an hour. Wash your face with normal water. After that, apply a pack of ice. It helps to close open skin pores.
• Mix a spoonful of Fuller’s Earth with rose water and make a paste. Apply it all over the face and neck. Keep it on till it dries up. Wash your face as usual.
• Mash tomatoes and make a pulp. Apply it on your face and Let it stay for 10 to 15 minutes. Rinse your face with warm water and then with cold water to minimize the pores. Incase you have oily skin, add oatmeal to tomato pulp. However, if your skin is dry, you can add yogurt to moisturize the skin.
• Apply paste made from baking soda and water on your face. Let it dry for 10 to 15 minute. Wash off with cold water to minimize the pores on face.
• Oatmeal and gram flour are good toning substance. Add a little lemon juice, rose water and curd to them and apply this paste on your skin. Wash this pack off when it dries. It tones the pores and enhances the complexion.
• Honey is equally good to tone up the pores and reduce the oiliness from the skin. It can be applied in any of the facemask or can be directly applied on the skin with a little lemon juice. Massage it on face and leave it for few minutes. Rinse your face it off with lukewarm water.
• Whipped egg yolk applied on the skin with a few drops of lemon juice, improves the tone of the skin and reduces the pore size.
• Mashed papaya applied on the skin helps in toning the pores. Let it stay for 20 minutes and then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Face Masks to Reduce Facial Pores:
1. Banana Peel and Fuller’s Earth Face Pack to Reduce Facial Pores.
2. Egg Peel and Pack for Pores and Blackheads.
3. Lactic Acid Face Tightening Mask
4. Cucumber and Oats Face Mask
Tips To Reduce Facial Pores:
1. Exfoliate your face once a week.
2. Cold compresses and ice packs are ideal to close open pores on skin.
Drink adequate water and include a large serving of fibre in your diet.
3. Exfoliation is an effective way to minimize the appearance of enlarged pores. Dirt, excess oil and dead skin cells mount up around the pores and make them look larger than they are.
4. Always put on sunscreen, too much exposure to the sun actually enlarges pores and accelerates the ageing procedure.
5. Microdermabrasion, and chemical peel are another options for those who want quick results, and do not mind to spend to get rid of the large pores on the face.