Eggless Chocolate Cake Recipe Pictorial
I am back with another pictorial! This one is specially for you Tapswini 🙂 I sincerely apologize for the delay, but I wanted to make sure I give a step-by-step pictorial for this one!
Baking has always been my first love. I can bake anytime of the day you ask me to and to prove that I have baked at 11 PM in the night and also 4 AM in the morning, and I never feel tired or lazy even at such odd hours because baking to me is therapeutic!
I am often asked questions on eggless cake recipes as baking eggless cake is often a challenge for everyone. Being a vegetarian, I started my baking with eggless cakes only and today, I will be sharing a very simple and foolproof recipe of baking Eggless Chocolate Sponge Cake.
225 grams maida (all purpose flour).
1 tsp baking powder.
1 tsp baking soda.
4 tbsp cocoa powder.
1/2 cup unsalted butter, about 110 gms.
1 tin (400 gms) sweetened condensed milk.
2 tsp vanilla essence or 1 vanilla pod.
200 ml coke or thumps up.
1 tsp strong coffee (optional but highly recommended).
1) Sieve all purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and coco powder and keep it aside.
2) Melt the unsalted butter in microwave and cool it completely.
3) Beat together melted butter and condensed milk for about a min, until creamy.
4) Add the vanilla essence in this butter-condensed milk mixture, I have used vanilla beans seeds directly. You can always go for vanilla essence. Pic of Vanilla Beans seeds
5) Slowly beat in the dry ingredients with the condensed milk mixture alternatively using coke or pepsi.
This is how the final mixture will look like. The batter should be of dropping consistency, similar to idli batter but not too runny.
6) Grease and flour a square baking pan, this is very essential for cake not to stick to the pan.
7) Pour the cake batter into the greased and floured pan. Preheat the oven at 190 degrees, once preheated bake the cake for 35 to 40 mins until a knife inserted comes out clean.
8) Once baked, remove the cake from oven and cool it completely before inverting the pan and removing the cake.
You can bake this cake in any other shape you want to like circle/rectangle/loaf pan etc, to make a tea cake add about 2 tbsp of powdered sugar and some dry fruits or chocolate chips to the batter.
Below are pictures of cakes which I made earlier using this recipe 🙂
Eggless Black Forest Cake which I made last weekend for my dad’s 60th birthday 🙂
Eggless Chocolate Cake with Vanilla Buttercream which I made for my parents 30th wedding anniversary.
Eggless Strawberry Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream.
Eggless Vanilla Cake with Vanilla Buttercream decorations.
Hope this tutorial was helpful and hope you all enjoyed it. Do let me know if you have any questions and I’ll try to answer them as per my knowledge.
Thank you and till next time….cia!!!!
Some Plum Cake and Thoughts Post Christmas 🙂
Easy Homemade Chicken Curry Recipe
Healthy Lasagna Recipe – Step by Step Procedure
Chocolate Chip Stuffed Gulab Jamuns Recipe With Photos
Chilli Paneer with Gravy Recipe (with Photos)
Vegetable Schezwan Mushroom Fried Rice Recipe
Chinese Egg Garlic Noodles Recipe and Photos
Maggi Recipe : Hot and Sweet Manchurian Style
How To Make Yummy Palak Panner – Recipe