Egg is one food that everyone should have on a daily basis, irrespective of whether you want to lose weight or not. It’s a rich, nutrient-dense food that’s absolutely great for overall health as well. However, even health enthusiasts choose to have only egg whites and dump the yolk due to the supposedly high cholesterol content, but experts say it’s completely okay to have up to two eggs as part of a heart-healthy diet. Also, it’s better to eat the egg whole to reap maximum benefits, particularly when you are trying to lose weight (provided you are not eating them in dozens). Eggs are a powerhouse of nutrition, rich in protein, vitamins, and essential minerals, and not to forget healthy fats. Eggs are considered to be a superfood if you are planning to lose weight. In facts, eggs are considered the best way to kickstart the day with its nutrient-dense properties that also boost metabolism. Additionally, egg keeps one fuller for longer thereby cutting the body’s craving for additional cravings in the form of unhealthy snacks. Additionally, we are listing out 10 absolutely solid reasons why eggs are good for weight loss.
But before that, read about some egg facts:
One egg has 5 grams of fat (about 8 percent of daily value), of which only 1.5 grams is saturated. It is a relatively a low-calorie food with approximately 74 calories in a single egg. Most of the fat content is in the yolk part and most of the protein is in the egg-white. Even though eggs do not contain a high amount of trans or saturated fats, the kinds of ingredients that you cook it with can make it a high-fat food, for example if cooked in cheese, calories and fat content can rocket up. There is no issue with having eggs, but the kind of ingredients that you have along with eggs should also be healthy. Also read: “Can You Eat Eggs On a Low Fat Diet?”
10 Reasons Why Eggs are Good For Weight Loss:
1. Rich in protein, keeps one fuller for longer, burns a lot of calories. Helps build muscles, which in turn torch up a lot of calories. Also read: “Grocery List For Those Who Want To Lose Weight.”
2. Boosts metabolism. With its high protein, healthy fats, antioxidants content, helps to boost metabolism, and burn more calories in the process.
3. Has healthy fats: We would be debunking the biggest myth going around in the world of weight loss right now – that eating fat makes you fat! Just like carbs and protein, fat is also an essential macronutrient, needed in a percentage of 20% to 35% of daily calories. Fat is absolutely necessary for the absorption of vitamins such as A, D, and E because these are fat-soluble vitamins and they boost metabolism instead of making it sluggish, and help with the fat-burning process. If you have to keep away from fats, say no to transfat and processed fats, and say yes to healthy fats in egg yolk.
4. Packed with nutrients that help in the fat-burning process – with more than a dozen vitamins and minerals, including iron, zinc, folate, phosphorous, riboflavin and vitamins A, D, E, and B-12. Egg yolk also has chromium which helps burn fat.
5. Low in calories, has only 74 calories, yet high on nutrient content.
6. Having eggs as a breakfast option reduces cravings and keeps appetite in check through the day.
7. Before we forget, eggs are a good source of vitamin D, and experts say, people with belly fat are deficient in vitamin D.
8. Choline, a nutrient found in the egg yolk boosts metabolism and helps lower anxiety and improves mood.
9. Helps repair and build muscles, and more the muscles, higher the number of calories that you get to burn even at rest.
10. Has no sugar, so does not spike blood sugar or trigger insulin release. Insulin, as we know by now, is also a hormone that encourages fat storage in the body. Also, in the absence of sugar, there is no sharp rise and steep slump in blood sugar, hence no urgent need to replenish energy, which means no frequent hunger pangs.
So, whether you like it boiled, scrambled, poached, or in omelette form – consider eggs as a must-have in your daily diet. And if weight loss is on your mind, do check out the Rati Beauty diet on the Rati Beauty app.
Can You Eat Eggs On a Low Fat Diet?
Grocery List For Those Who Want To Lose Weight