Hey my favorite people,
Today’s review is about an amazing smoky eye palette from ELF. The best thing is that I won it in a giveaway on Instagram and I am beyond elated. Keep scrolling for details.
READ THESE FOR WEIGHT LOSS: Diet Chart for Weight Loss | How to Lose Weight With PCOS | 10 Best Herbal Pills for Weight Loss | 10 Best Tricks for Lazy People to Lose Weight | Best Diet for PCOS to Lose Weight
Achieve both beautifully bold or subtle everyday eye looks with these perfectly curated 10 smoky eyeshadow shades. This collection of hues is ideal for shading, highlighting, and defining the eyes. These silky-smooth shadows can be used as a liner, on the lid, and in the crease of the eye for an expertly contoured and blended look.
My Experience with ELF Everyday Smoky Eyeshadow Palette:
Packaging: The packaging is pretty classy. It comes in a matte black case with a magnetic closure. The palette has a nice mirror which helps you in precisely doing your eye makeup. The sleek palette is encased in a cardboard box with product details. There is no brush provided with the palette. The palette and the box attracts fingerprints very easily and it irks me. Overall, the palette is very lightweight and travel friendly.
READ THESE FOR GLOWING SKIN: 9 Best Face Packs For Glowing Skin | 10 Tips by Shahnaz Husain for Glowing Skin | Home Remedies For Glowing Skin | 7 Besan Face Packs for Glowing Skin | Beauty Products For Glowing Skin
The palette has 10 shades which work well in tandem with other colorful palettes. As a stand-alone palette too, this is amazing. The texture of the shadows is smooth. All of the shadows, including the matte and shimmer ones are finely milled and feel soft to touch. The blending power is excellent and you can layer them up without any heaviness. The quality of this drugstore palette is amazing, it doesn’t crease or smudge easily. It stays put for 6-7 hours even without an eyeshadow primer.
BEST OF IMBB: How To Make Vitamin C Serum At Home | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India | 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Tighten Sagging Breasts | How to Remove Pimple Marks from Face | Top 10 Shampoos for Dry and Rough Hair | 8 Best Drugstore Foundations That Do Not Oxidize
I am listing all individual shades below, with my take on them:
Best of IMBB: Best Hair Serums for Dry Frizzy Hair | Homemade Hair Regrowth Oil to Prevent Hair Loss | How To Lose Fat From Face in 30 Days | Homemade Face Pack for Instantly Bright and Glowing Skin | 10 Products To Get Rid of Skin Pigmentation | 7 Ways To Make Black Lips Pink!
- A matte white shade. I wasn’t much enthusiastic about this until I found how smooth it was. It is a great color to give a lift to my brow bone. Also, I use it as an all-over lid color to make brighter colors stay longer and pop better. Good pigmentation.
- A flesh shade which is matte. I totally adore this shade. I use it as a base shade to mattify my lids and enhance longevity of my shadows and eyeliners. Blends seamlessly and gives a eat finish. Excellent pigmentation.
- A shimmery flesh shade which can be worn during daytime too. Not very pigmented and needs at least a couple of swipes to get a proper color.
- A matte taupe shade which gives a s*xy edge to any look. This can go well with a lot of colors. Good pigmentation.
- A lighter rose gold shade with minute shimmers. You can build up this colors and pair it with darker kohl for impactful glam. Could have better pigmentation.
- A darker shimmer shade which combines copper and rose gold. A very beautiful color with good pigmentation.
- A matte brown for sober office looks. Very wearable. Happy with the pigmentation.
- A matte ash-grey color for recreating wearable smoky looks. Smooth to apply and has good pigmentation.
- A steel grey shade wit fine shimmers. It doesn’t look OTT. I would be happy if the pigmentation was better.
- A matte black shade. It lacks the intensity and depth I like in my black shadows, but it has a very wearable vibe. Pigmentation could be better.
BEST OF FAIRNESS: 10 Best Skin Whitening Creams in India | 7 Homemade Face Packs for Instant Glow and Fairness | 6 Best Herbal Fairness Creams | 10 Best Fairness Packs in the Market | 7 Best Pigmentation Creams in India
SOLUTIONS FOR ACNE: 5 Remedies to Treat Acne at Home | Top 10 Creams for Fading Acne Scars | 10 Home Remedies to Treat Scalp Acne | 8 Home Remedies to Reduce Acne Scars | 10 Tea Tree Oil Products for Acne-Prone and Sensitive Skin | Home Remedies to Treat Hormonal Acne
The colors are very useful for recreating smokey eyes as well as everyday office makeup looks. Honestly, it is one of the most wearable shadow palettes I own, as I can get different uses out of this. I have four eye looks, here, and surprisingly, I have not removed any makeup before applying the other.
HAIR: 8 Natural Products to Add Volume to Thin, Fine Hair | 8 Ways to Regrow Hair on Bald Spots | 6 Hair Growth Secrets from Around the World | 7 Best Hair Oils For Faster Hair Growth | How to Make Rough Hair Silky | 30 Killer Hair Care Tips
In the first one, I applied white shadow under my brows and the flesh shade on my lids to get a clean look.
In the second one, I used the deeper rose gold shade all over.
In the third one, I simply added the ash grey color and blended it out.
In the fourth one, I used the matte black on my lower lash line. There is no liner, mascara, concealer or brow product used so that you can can see how it looks without any additional makeup.
Pros of ELF Everyday Smoky Eyeshadow Palette:
- Classy packaging.
- 10 neutral colors in a single palette.
- Easy-to-create wearable looks or full on smokey eyes.
- Matte and shimmer shades.
- Super smooth texture.
- Easy to layer and blend.
- Good lasting power even on oily lids.
Cons of ELF Everyday Smoky Eyeshadow Palette:
- Matte shades kick up some powder.
- A couple of shades aren’t very pigmented.
- Availability in India.
Would I Repurchase ELF Everyday Smoky Eyeshadow Palette?
Yes. I might not repurchase it, but I really like this palette. A neutral palette like this is a must-have for all girls. Highly recommended.
ELF Studio Baked Eyeshadow Palette in Texas
ELF Warm Eyeshadow Palette – 32 Piece Set
ELF Studio Seattle Baked Eyeshadow Palette
ELF Studio 100 Piece Eye Shadow Palette
Urban Decay Naked Smoky Eyeshadow Palette
Huda Beauty Obsessions Eyeshadow Palette Smokey
LA Girl Smoky Beauty Brick Eye Shadow Collection
Maybelline The Smokes Eye Shadow Palette