Green with Envy – Elle 18 Eyeliner vs Faces Eyeliner
Oflate, I have developed a passion for eye colours and love coordinating my eyeliners with my clothes to work Everyone has been appreciating me for this effort and in a rage of this passion, I decided to buy green eye pencils to coordinate with green outfits. My search ended with Elle 18 Eye Sparkler and Faces Eye Liner Pencil (THANX A MILLION TONS TO IMBB : ). So here are the EOTD and reviews of the two new green pencils i got.
Faces Eye liner
What the company says :
Soft gentle pencils in a rainbow of shades. Use them to enhance your natural eye color for dramatic effect or give you that bright-eyed glow. Gentle and safe for sensitive eyes.
I got these from Pantaloons counter here for Rs 249. The pencil is a nice turquiouse deep green colour with some shimmer and looks beautiful. It says long wear and believe me, it indeed is. I just love it and would certainly buy more colours.
What I like Faces Eyeliner
* Claiming to be long wear, it indeed is. Without any base, it stayed intense on my eyelids for about 7 hours and after that, it became a little (maybe just 10 per cent) faded. It doesn’t wash away and like all eye makeup, i use cold milk on cotton to remove it completely.
* The pencil is very soft. It simply glides on your lids, giving intensely pigmented colour in one stroke.
* This is one of the most beautiful greens i have seen. A beautiful, everyday wear shade for both day and night.
* I have tried this eye pencil on my water line and it does not irritate my eyes.
* The colour does not smudge once it sets, which is like one minute.
* You can sharpen the pencil (Rati, you would love this!! ) without breaking.
* The shelf life is 2 years. I will certainly finish it before that : )
What I don’t like about Faces Eyeliner
* No mention of ingredients at all.
Now for my second green pencil.
Elle 18 Eye Sparkler in Green Grenade
Priced at Rs 85, this is one of the cheapest yet good quality eye pencils I came across. The colour is lighter than Faces but is nice and citrus types with little shimmer. It is fat like the lakme kajals and I use them as liner or as eyeshadow.
What I like about Elle18 Eyeliner Green Grenade
— Is really inexpensive.
— Pigmentation is good and impressive.
— Creamy and easy to blend as well.
— I blend it with my Faces green liner for a two-tone effect and it works well.
— I used it on lower lash line and upper lid and it stayed well for three hours, which is ok.
What I don’t like about Elle18 Eyeliner Green Grenade
— It may sting on the waterline. For me, it didn’t but for my sis, it did.
— You need a separate sharpener for sharp these fatsos.
— After four hours, the colour is barely visible.
In the above EOTDs , I used no base nothing, just applied them on bare eyes.
I rate faces as 4.5 and Elle 18 as 3.5. But I will certainly buy both of them again….. Love you guys.
Which is your favourite green eyeliner?
Also Read :
Faces Cosmetics Long Wear Eye Pencil Review, Swatch, EOTD
Elle 18 Eye Liners Review
Lakme Eye Quartet Botanica Green Eye Makeup Tutorial
Dark Green Copper Eye Makeup Look
Lakme Shadow Artist Astral Blue, Glimmer Green Review, EOTD
Party Makeup : Teal Blue Green Eye Makeup Look
Diwali Eye Makeup Tutorial – Pink Green
Go Green Eye Makeup