I was quite surprised not to find the review of Yardley London’s Classic Body Spray in English Lavender on IMBB. I guess I am the lucky one. I can proudly write this review as I have been using this on and off for more than 10 years. This was my first body spray. My uncle used to get it for me from abroad, then I was able to get it here in India. I think you would have noticed the words “on and off.” That is only because I used to try other body sprays as this contains alcohol in a large amount. Yet, I keep coming back to this one. Finally, I came to terms with myself. I always stock up Yardley body sprays and use them along with my other sprays. My favorite of the lot are English lavender and English rose. English rose has already been reviewed here. Even now, I have 2 bottles of English lavender and 1 bottle of English rose 🙂
Yardley London on English Lavender “English lavender top and heart notes toned down with floral and musk base notes. English Lavender is Yardley’s signature fragrance. It has pride of being place as the brand’s number one scent in the range and offers the most extensive collection of quality bath and body luxuries. Capturing the soothing properties of finest lavender, Yardley English Lavender combines lavender’s floral freshness with a deeper note of musk to create a fragrance that is a pleasure to wear. Blended with a dash of bergamot, sensual sandalwood and calming neroli, Yardley English Lavender has become a timeless classic, appealing to women throughout the ages with its unique ability to influence the mind, body and the senses.”
How To Use:
Hold upright and spray 15 cm from the skin.
Pros of English Lavender Refreshing Body Spray:
- This is the signature product variant of Yardley London. The fragrance is really pleasant, mild floral fragrance. It is very feminine and elegant. You will hardly find a person who doesn’t like this smell.
- The staying power of the product is pretty decent. It stays for some 4 to 6 hours. It has a mild flavor that lingers long when applied under eyes and neck.
- The packaging is sturdy and travel friendly. The nozzle is soft and easy to use. It is an aerosol spray bottle with a plastic lid. I find the packing very classy. I personally love the vintage look the bottle gives. I cannot imagine Yardley body sprays in any other way. I am happy that they have stuck to the same packaging for a long time.
- I have applied it directly on my skin. Even used it directly on my underarms. It has not created any irritation or darkening of skin.
- The complete list of ingredients is available in the back of the bottle.
- It is a reasonably priced body spray that lasts long.
Cons of English Lavender Refreshing Body Spray:
- It contains 95% of alcohol in it. So, it may not be suitable for sensitive skin people.
This may not be the best body spray available in the market. Even I have found better body sprays, yet this body spray is quite close to my heart and I am still not ready to let it go despite its alcohol content. I will be using it now and then.
I think most of you would have tried this already. If not, do try the testers. I think you will like it. Give it a try if you don’t mind alcoholic sprays. I think it is a classic product that is worth a try.
Yardley English Lavender Eau de Toilette
Yardley London English Lavender Perfumed Talc
Yardley London English Lavender Deep Cleansing Luxurious Facial Foam
Yardley London Luxury Soap Sandalwood & English Lavender
Nivea Aqua Effect Refreshing Face Wash
Nivea Visage Refreshing Toner
Himalaya Refreshing Fruit Pack
Fogg Fragrant Body Spray for Women-Paradise
Fogg Fragrant Body Spray For Women in Delicious
Adidas Pure Game Deo Body Spray
Reebok Reefresh Deodorant Body Spray
Yardley London Lace Satin Perfumed Deodorant Body Spray
Boots Pretty Body Spray and Impulse Temptation Body Fragrance