WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I am experimenting a lot with make-up bases recently because none of them give the kind of coverage I need. And a foundation or base can totally change the entire look of the skin, that’s why it is pretty necessary to get the perfect finish and shade. The hunt goes on and I got this one to try out since essence is one cute brand that I really like! Read to know how this worked for my combination skin.
Price: Rs 499/-
Product Description by Essence:
The make-up range with a super delicate mousse texture gives your face a smooth and natural-looking matt complexion while allowing your skin to breathe freely.
My Experience with Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-Up-02 Matte Beige:
I haven’t really tried a lot of mousse before and the only one I have tried till date is Maybelline dream matte mouse. I love that velvety feeling hence gave this a shot! The mousse comes in a beige coloured tub which is made up of glass but it is pretty sturdy. The packaging is cute and small which makes it easy to carry. This range has 3 shades I guess and ivory which means the first shade was too light for me. The 2nd shade matched my skin tone brilliantly. I wish there were more shades, but I will not complain since it is a drugstore brand. The flaw with the packaging is that I have long nails and the only option to take it is with my fingers, hence this sticks all over my nails.
The mousse is very soft and velvety smooth in consistency. It does not have any gritty texture which is why the coverage is flawless. The thing what I loved is that it matched my skin-tone perfectly which made it look even more natural. Only some little dips are needed to cover the entire face and the neck. It covers the uneven skin-tone very well and also the redness around my nose and below the chin. It also hides all the imperfections very well.
It will not totally hide the under eyes darkness but is capable enough to hide 80% of it. It will not hide major imperfections but I don’t have really big ones. It will not be really suitable for dry patches because it will cling to parched areas. It gives medium coverage but I have a trick to get heavy coverage. First I dab it on my blemishes and pimples like a concealer which totally covers it and then apply a layer all over my face. This give me a flawless coverage and it looks like my face has no imperfections.
The finish is totally matte which hides all the excess shine and does not let oil come up on the face. It keeps my face matte for 5 hours and then I can notice a bit of oil on my cheeks and nose area. The mousse in all stays for 7-8 hours depending upon the skin type during the current season and I think during summer, it might be reduced by an hour or two. But be cautious with it because excess application might make it cakey. I really loved how affordable this mousse is and it perfectly suits my skin but those who do not like heavy mousses will not like this.
Pros of Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-Up-02 Matte Beige:
• Available all around at a very affordable cost.
• The packaging is small and sturdy hence it can be kept anywhere and will be travel-friendly too.
• The texture of the mousse is very velvety soft and glides very smoothly on my face without a lot of effort.
• It brightens my complexion very well and gives a very natural looking flawless finish.
• It covers my imperfections very well and hides my dark circles too up-to a good extent.
• It gives medium coverage but I know how to make it a heavy coverage one; I dab it first on my pimples like a concealer and then layer it up on my face and neck; that is how it gives a heavy coverage.
• It covers the uneven skin-tone and redness around my nose and below the chin area.
• It gives a matte coverage which is a boon for oily skin.
• It stays on my face for 7-8 hours and then starts fading after 7 hours or so; it stays matte for 5 hours and then oil starts appearing on my cheeks.
Cons of Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-Up-02 Matte Beige:
• Only 3 shades available.
• It will not suit dry skin as it clings to dry patches.
• Might look cakey if applied excessively.
• Tub packaging is a bit inconvenient to use.
Will I Repurchase/Recommend Essence Soft Touch Mousse Make-Up-02 Matte Beige?
Yes definitely! I loved how it worked for my skin. I would suggest to all of you because this is a very good drugstore product that gives flawless coverage and is great for daily and occasional use as well.
IMBB Rating: 4.7/5
Conclusion: I will totally try some more mousses because I loved the consistency and finish!
Essence Mosaic Compact Powder – Sunkissed Beauty
Essence Mattifying Compact Powder
Essence Makeup Remover Wipes
Essence of Beauty Bath and Shower Brush
Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base
Essence 01 Natural Brunette Style Eyebrow Stylist Set
5 Essence Long Lasting Lipsticks and I Love Runway Highlighter