WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
I am going to review a gel eyeliner that I have been using for some time now – the Essence Waterproof Gel Eyeliner in the shade “London Baby.” Since the time I have discovered gel liners, I have stopped using the regular eyeliners that are available. Let me talk a bit more about my experience with this one.
I think it was about 3 or 4 euros.
Ultra-smooth gel formula allows for precise application. Apply it with the eyeliner brush. Quick drying, long-lasting, smudge and waterproof. Available in two colors.
I picked up a shade called London Baby – it’s a very dark grayish brown shade with extremely fine silver shimmer in it. The shimmer is not noticeable at all and the brown is much darker than the L’Oreal Brown Gel Eyeliner – almost bordering on black. The shade is gorgeous and pigmented.
Below, I have swatched it along with the L’Oreal brown eyeliner to compare the difference between the two browns. In the swatch, it looks more greyish than brown, but actually, I am not sure whether this is greyish brown or brownish grey – it has obvious tinges of both.
Quickly, summing up the pros and cons:
Pros of Essence Waterproof Gel Eyeliner – London Baby:
- Gorgeous grayish dark brown shade with some fine silver shimmer.
- Superbly pigmented and a great shade for those who do not prefer the harshness of completely black eyeliners.
- The texture is super creamy – creamier than most gel eyeliners I have used, and I have used quite a few. The first time I dipped my eyeliner brush in this, I was not ready for the creaminess and picked up quite a lot on my brush. So, it does not tug at my lids at all.
- Absolutely waterproof, smudge proof in spite of being so creamy. You have to give it some time to set, but once it does, it doesn’t budge. I rubbed and rubbed at the swatch on my hands and the L’Oreal one did smudge a little bit, but this one didn’t budge.
- It’s multi-purpose and can be used to get a neat winged line, smudgy look, or as an eyeshadow base. I have also used this as an overall lid color with a little bit of smudged black kohl and it works fabulously.
- I am also quite surprised at its longevity. I got this some 4-5 months back and it is as creamy as ever. My Inglot liner dried up within 3-4 months.
- Easy on the pocket.
- Cute tub packaging, so travel-friendly.
Cons of Essence Waterproof Gel Eyeliner – London Baby:
- Being a gel liner, it should have come with a brush, but it does not. So, you have to buy that separately, but at the price, I am not really complaining – this was just for the heck of listing a con ;P
Please get your hands on this one if you can, it’s a fantastic gel eyeliner and its quality is absolutely comparable to the MAC and Bobbi Brown gel liners. There were some other fabulous shades available as well.
Essence I Love Stage Eyeshadow Base
Essence Eyeshadow Party All Night No. 35
Chambor White Crystal Whitening Essence
Essence Happy Hour Metallic Effect Eyeshadow #30
Essence Mattifying Compact Powder
Maybelline Colossal Volum’ Express Waterproof Mascara
Bourjois Contour Clubbing Waterproof Eyeliner Pencil Review, Swatch
Maybelline Ultra Waterproof Liner and Lakme Insta Liner
Maybelline Waterproof Volum’ Express Cat Eyes Mascara
Lancome Hypnose Custom Volume Mascara Waterproof
BH Cosmetics Waterproof Lip Liners
Revlon Double Twist Volumizing Mascara (Waterproof)
Coastal Scents Gel Liner in Boom Boom
Coastal Scents Gel Eye Liner True Black
L’Oreal Paris Super Liner 24 Hour Waterproof Gel Eyeliner
Maybelline Eye Studio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner (Black)
Tips & Toes Gel Eyeliner
Inglot Matte Gel Eye Liner
Maybelline Eyestudio Lasting Drama Gel Eyeliner Sapphire
Bobbi Brown Long Wear Gel EyeLiner Caviar Ink
Coastal Scents 24k Gold Gel Liner Review, EOTD
Elizabeth Arden Color Intrigue Gel Eyeliner