What is Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Mascara?
Double Wear’s staying power comes from a clever combination of a temperature-sensitive polymer complex and soft film formers that provides flexible yet exceptionally long wear to lashes. Although engineered to be resistant to humidity and perspiration, the 15-hour formula unlocks from the lashes with warm water and with the use of a cleanser washes away clean, removing every last trace.
Another formula first is the use of jellified water to help deliver thickeners to lashes without causing them to look clumpy or dry. The jellified water also helps to saturate the pigments, imparting glossy, more intense color, while a nutrient-rich, hair-loving Panthenol complex helps keep lashes conditioned and flexible, minimizing breakage.
What does Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Mascara claim?
Zero Smudge Lengthening Mascara
BENEFITS : 15-hour wear, zero smudge; Extraordinary Length; Extreme wear. Now the long, separated, smudge-free lashes you see in the morning are the ones you keep all day.
Price: Rs 1390
Why should you buy Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Mascara?
Now this was the mascara that didn’t impress me the first time I wore it and I was two minds about reviewing it. I was proved blatantly wrong about not liking it . In fact I am impressed and hence the review. 🙂
- It lives up to every claim that is mentioned. It does not smudge, it does not clump and it stays on for long time. I wore it around 12 in the afternoon and came back at around 6.30 in the evening and it looked as if I had just applied the mascara. I can’t claim for the 15 hours but I can claim for 6-7 hours stay.
- It is absoloutely smudgeproof.
- I forgot to curl my lashes today but this did the job of lengthening and curling my lashes. I was batting my lashes more than usual to flaunt because the lashes looked so long. 😛 Not only that the mascara held my lashes up until I removed it.
- When you remove it, it does not give you raccoon eyes.
- It looks more natural as the day passes by. I checked myself at least 6-7 times in mirror before passing this verdict. 😛
- The brush is such that gives you better control of lashes and it’s easier to reach the roots of your lashes. It will get every single lash and tuck it up.
- It’s waterproof.
Why should you NOT buy Estee Lauder’s Double Wear Mascara?
- It is not a volumizing mascara and neither does it claim to be. Don’t think of getting a thick lashes but if you want to have long lashes, this is for you. If your eyelashes are pretty short and you can’t be bothered enough to put false lashes on regular basis, you can apply this mascara for length and then coat it with your regular volumizing mascara.
- It does not come off easily with a normal cleanser.It would come out with an oil based cleanser or oil itself. I let the oil stay on my lashes for a minute or two and the wiped it off with a cotton swab. It came out pretty neat without giving me raccoon eyes.
It is a high end brand so I have got nothing to say about the price.
My verdict: It’s a a great mascara especially for people who have short eyelashes. You apply the mascara and you forget about smudging or curling or your lashes not looking in great shape throughout the day. You apply it once during the start of your day and you are sorted.
Estee Lauder products can be purchased at Estee Lauder’s showroom at Select City Walk District Center Saket, New Delhi; UB City Mall, Vitthal Mallya Road (Bangalore) and The Palladium, Phoenix Mills, Mumbai . 🙂
Note: This product was sent to me by company for consideration.
Image Copyright: Estee Lauder Inc.
14 thoughts on “Estee Lauder Double Wear Mascara Review”
hi rati, thnq very much for the tag! i am abt to post in a couple of mins!
a friend of mine uses this and roughly has the same things to say.
estee lauder is a brand that is very unexplored in the indian market and i am totally in love with it. their hydra lipsticks are the best thing that could have happened to me. even their staff at the select citywalk outlet is warm and friendly. they seem well educated, are very professional and so well dressed! i once visited that outlet just to note down a shade no. and was still treated with a lot of respect, something that does not happen in other high end makeup stores. (let me add here that the man who attended to me was so charming, handsome and dapper that i almost had a crush on him *blushes* :D)
i don’t use mascaras because i am highly prone to getting styes.
Divija, thanks for making me part of your interview series. 🙂
I liked Estee Lauder and especially my experience at the store was soothing and calming. These guys are trained by the company itself and that makes the whole experience very professional. By the way Mac and Clinique are the sister companies of Estee Lauder. I was surprised to hear that.
I am forgetting the name of this guy, his name starts with A. I will let him know when I meet him in a few days 😛
Yeah you told me about the sty thingy. I think we must find a way to get rid of your sty allergy. You are missing on so many products. 😉
mac, estee lauder, clinique, bobbi brown etc are all a part of estee lauder companies.
my father too is a victim of styes, though his a less frequent. i got it from him, sadly. my condition is very, very stable at the moment but it’s a delicate situation.
aww do let the guy know what an excellent staff member he is. if i could, i would present him with an award. 🙂
Lolzz!! I am sure that guy would be on cloud nine to get an award for his cuteness. 😛
Do take care of your eyes. 🙂
Yeah..Estee Lauder is the the main brand under which comes MAC, Clinique,Donna Karan,Tommy Hilfiger,Bobbi Brown,Michael Kors, Origins and the latest buy being a 5% stake in the Indian brand, Forest Essentials.
L’Oreal has bought over The Body Shop for approx 652.3 Million GBP in 2007.
Oops..I hope it didnt sound like a business news report.
I really like the Estee Lauder Double Wear lipsticks…I might have to try this one out!!
I got a lil confused initially if the post was on a mascara or a science fiction book u read! :D.. LOL
Wow this EL mascara is surely packed with the latest technology and sounds quite nice 😀
Poornima, you surely did. 😛 And thanks for all the info. 🙂
Kajal, welcome to my blog. Yes the mascara is nice and you might want to give it a try. 🙂
Tanveer, lolzz!! what made my review sound like a science fiction? 😛 The intro was provided by the company itself so I am clear there. 😀
No No, not the review..
The way EL describe their product – All tht technological jazz about “temperature-sensitive polymer complex” in “Jellified water”… LOL.. 😀
Actually I didn’t understand how having a temperature sensitive polymer in the masacara is helping it..
Meaning if i raise the temperature or if I lower it, what will happen to the performance of the mascara? Just the scientist in me trying to decipher all this speak 😛
What I understand from this is that some mascaras go really dry ans lashes and cause the lashes to break. May be jellified water is something that keeps the lashes soft.
Infact, from my personal experience as well the mascara didn’t cause my lashes to dry. I have had a similar drying problem with some of the mascaras in past.
That’s what I decipher. Rest the scientists know. 😛
I’ve never tried Estee Lauder products…I don’t know why.
Cynthia, I really cannot say whether you must try the brand or not because I have not explored it much yet. But I guess you must viist their store atleast once, you’ll like it. 🙂