WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS, GET WEEKLY DIET PLANS FOR WEIGHT LOSS, AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Don’t you just hate it when a company introduces a product or gives a sample and then you cannot find it again or it has been discontinued or changed somehow? :headbang: This happened to me with this quad. It is my favorite, go-to quad when I want a look that is not very casual but not very heavy either. This is perfect for a day out, hanging with friends or going to a casual family get-together. I’m so scared to run out of this because I can’t find the exact shades on the Estee Lauder website!! Similar ones are available; in fact palettes with 5 shades have been introduced by Estee Lauder, so that is actually better for the same price, but these exact shades must have had their names changed.
I have had this quad for quite some time now; it has a perfect combination of colors. I love them individually as well as when I apply them together. It is from the Pure Color range of 2010 that Estee Lauder offers and has the following shades:
- Lightest shade: Ivory Box.
- Pink: Honey Drop.
- Brown: Copper Penny.
- Gold – Cinnamon.
This is what the company says about their Pure Color eye shadows:
- Eye shadow that makes the eyes come alive.
- True Vision™ technology transforms ordinary color and makes it extraordinary.
- Smoky shades are smouldering; bright shades are brilliant, light shades now light filled.
- Your eyes are ultra expressive. Prepare to make an impression.
- TRUE VISION™ COLOR.
- Maximized color impact.
- Magnified vibrancy, clarity and dimension.
- Amplified brilliance.
- High visibility finishes.
Each Pure Color Eye Shadow shade comes in one of four distinct finishes:
- Matte: rich, velvety suede.
- Satin: soft, lustrous sheen.
- Shimmer: prismatic-pearl shimmer.
- Metallic: sparkling, glittering metallic.
- High performance wear.
- Color adheres velvety smooth, without creasing.
- Blends easily.
- Long-wearing. Stays color true. Won’t fade.
- Sleek compact includes applicator and mirror.
• Singles: $ 20
• Duos: $ 30
• Palettes: $ 45 (the newer palette now has 5 colors instead of 4)
• Quads on ebay or Amazon can be found in the $ 8 – $ 20 range, depending on the seller, product newness.
These are Estee Lauder eye shadows, so they have a superb quality. They are smooth, almost no fall out, apply true to the color in the palette, stay on power is excellent, very easy to blend & best of all buildable.
My Take on Estee Lauder Pure Color Eye Shadow Quad:
These colors are perfect for my skin tone :love: which is the typical India skin color, so it would suit most of us here. I wear this so often, almost every time I step out! I just change the kajal and eyeliner thickness, shape, etc., depending on the occasion. This is how it looks on me when I had in on for a party:
With flash, eyes closed.
With flash, open eyes.
This is how I applied the colors:
- Ivory Box – on the brow bone; I use this color not only on the brow but sometimes also as a cheek highlighter, I love that it’s not a sharp plain white but has a hue of pink to it.
- Honey Drop – on the outer half of my upper lid; if I want the pink in this to pop out more, I apply a white base under it. In this look, I used the NYX Eye Shadow base in white. I also have used this color as a blush, when you need the softest of blush, with a hint of shimmer, this is perfect!
- Copper Penny – this gold is on the inner half of my upper lid.
- Cinnamon – this brown shade is in my crease.
I think it brings life to my eyes! :makeup: It has the perfect combination of colors. Usually palettes have at least 1 or 2 shades we barely touch, but not with this one. The reason I say this is a review-cum-a shout of help is because I was hoping you ladies can help me find something similar to this if not the exact same one from Estee Lauder’s current collection or elsewhere. It is available on e-bay or Amazon, the exact same palette, but I’ve never purchased anything off those sites, so I’m very skeptical about them. Is it okay to purchase from these sites? Do you know of any other Estee Lauder palette that may have these colors? Help please!
It’s such a shame to find a perfect quad and then not be able to re-purchase it easily. I tried to find the closest substitute palette and want the help of you ladies to decide if you think it’s the closest one or do you have a better match.
Its name is Surreal Skies, it’s from the same Pure Color range. The dark color in the centre looks like the new one.
To sum up:
What I Like about Estee Lauder Pure Color Eye Shadow Quad:
- The colors are amazing! It’s hard for me to find a quad from which I use every shade, this is perfection!
- Some colors can be used on the cheeks too.
- Easily blend-able, buildable, almost no fallout colors.
- The texture of the colors is luxurious, goes on very smoothly like a dream!
- They do not smudge or move much even if kept on the whole day and easily come off with the mildest of makeup removers.
- This would look good on most Indian skin colors.
What I Do Not Like about Estee Lauder Pure Color Eye Shadow Quad:
- Nothing except that the exact same thing has been discontinued and now I want a substitute for this! The exact same colors!!!
Would I Recommend Estee Lauder Pure Color Eye Shadow Quad?
Yes, please buy this and send it to me! :toothygrin: Naah, kidding! I would highly recommend any quad that has this combination of colors.
4.75/5 (-0.25 to Estee Lauder, for giving a near perfect product and not-at-all-required makeover). I really am looking forward to hearing from IMBBians regarding this beautiful quad and its nearest replacement!
Happy Makeuping! :mirror:
Image Source: 1
Estee Lauder Magnascopic Maximum Volume Mascara
Estee Lauder Pure Color Long Lasting Lipstick Sugar Honey Review, Swatches
Estee Lauder Eye Makeup Remover
Estee Lauder Artist’s Eye Pencil Soft Smudge Black
Estée Lauder Teams Up With Derek Lam For His Fall 2011 Fashion Show
Estee Lauder Private Collection Jasmine White Moss Body Creme
Estee Lauder Lip Pencil Spice Writer Review, Swatches
Estee Lauder Extravagant Gold Eyeshadow Palette Review, EOTD, Swatches
Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair Synchronized Recovery Complex
Estee Lauder Blue Dahlia Eye Makeup Tutorial
Estee Lauder Shimmer Powder Compact and Collectible Compacts
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Lipstick- 08 Stay Ginger
Estee Lauder Sumptuous Extreme Mascara Review, EOTD
Estee Lauder Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup
Estee Lauder High Gloss Ultra Brilliance Lip Gloss- Jewel
Estee Lauder @ New York Fashion Week Derek Lam SS 2011 Runway Show
Estee Lauder Extravagant Gold Pure Color Five Color Eyeshadow Palette Swatches
MAC & Mickey Contractor Collection Athma Quad & Eyeshadow Photos, Swatches
L’oreal Color Appeal Eyeshadow in 153 Metal Plum
MAC Expensive Pink Eyeshadow Review, Swatch, FOTD
Bourjois Eyeshadow 08 Beige Rose
MAC Basic Eye Shadow Quad Swatches, Review, EOTD
Sleek Bad Girl Eye Shadow Palette
Chanel Quadra Eye Shadow Murano