Estee Lauder Wine Double Wear Lip Stay-In-Place Pencil Review, Swatch, FOTD
- 12-hour staying power
- For precision shaping
- Glides on effortlessly for precise definition with 12-hour staying power.
- Lightweight, creamy colour helps extend the wear of lipstick without feathering or bleeding.
- Flip the pencil around and use the integrated lip brush to apply your lipstick or gloss for brilliantly defined colour and shine.
- Removes easily with Take It Away makeup remover.
Price : Rs 1,350/- / USD 38
My Experience with Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay-in-place Lip Pencil Wine :
I am slowly becoming a lip pencil wearer. I am not sure if it is just a phase or a permanent thing but i am totally enjoying wearing lip pencils either on their own, with a lip balm or underneath a lipstick.
So I went hunting for ‘mere wala burgundy” lip pencil. 😛 I wanted a lip pencil that I could use underneath my burgundy, wine and red lipsticks. Plus I wanted an awesome burgundy shade that I could wear on its own. I tried many lip colors and then I found this. I LOVVVED the color. But it felt a bit sticky when I used it. So the SA asked me to keep the lip color on and I should just finish off my other chores at the mall. Then see how I felt about the lip color. Well, the stickiness was gone within 5 minutes and it set to a super matte finish. I came back and purchased the lip pencil. And I LOVEEE it. Btw it is THE SAME EXACT shade as MAC Diva Lipstick. I went and matched. 😛
- The color is a beautiful wine color. Just perfect for upcoming cold months. I love how flattering it is against my warm Indian skin tones.. well, if I may say so myself. 😀
- It has the most amazing matte finish.
- The pencil is actually a plastic(y) sharpenable pencil. It sharpens like a dream.
- The pencil is creamy and goes on easily on lips. But it is not a super creamy pencil. But that makes it a suuuuper long staying one as well. It stays on until I remove it…may be 8 + hours.
- Does not have any weird taste or smell to it.
- Goes perfectly with all winer, red and burgundy lip colors.
- It can be slightly drying if you have dry lips to start with. But it is not uncomfortable. And it is not moisturising definitley. But it is a lip pencil and it works just perfectly for what it is meant to do.
- Does not bleed, feather or settle in fine lines.
- The brush that comes at the end is useful.
- I would have really preferred that it came with a sharpener. But it does not. The pencil sharpens just fine with a regular cosmetic sharpener. It does not break while sharpening.
- Comes in 12 colors.
Overall, an abbbbsolutely fabulous pencil. I love the color. I love how super matte it is. I love that it works with various lip colors and I love that it stays. But if you don’t like such matte finish and worried about the dryness factor, totally go for MAC Diva. That is also a matte finish lipstick but that would be a tad bit more moisturising than this one. I personally am going to give other colors a try from this range. 🙂
Rating : 4.5/5
Estee Lauder Lip Pencil Spice Writer Review, Swatches
Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay in Place Gel Eyeliner Oynx Review
Estee Lauder Double Wear Lipstick Stay Coral Review, Swatch, FOTD
Revlon Super Lustrous Lipstick Mulled Wine Review
Maybelline Diamond Glow Eyeshadow Quad- Wine Pink
Lakme 9 to 5 Lip Color – Wine Play
Lotus Herbals Moistpetals Lipstick Burgundy Review
Maybelline Color Sensational Moisture Extreme Lipstick: Burgundy
Revlon Lip Liner Pencil – Burgundy
9 thoughts on “Estee Lauder Wine Double Wear Lip Stay-In-Place Pencil Review, Swatch, FOTD”
Gorgeous! Love the eyebrows too. Can’t wait for all the festival pics of yours including karwa chauth.
thank you aru. :)) i am so excited myself. :)) do share yours as well. :))
Estee Lauder has some good stuff – am surprised more people don’t talk about their makeup. Loved the shade on you Rati and you are looking fantastic in the pic. Did you also check the Envy lippies? Picked any? In Thailand, they also had new release Envy shine lippies. I wanted to pick one to try but by that time I was already through with shopping and hubby refused to open the purse strings again! 🙁
No i havent picked any yet, K. But i checked them out and they are sooo stunning. Was totally remembering you when I saw them. I was so specific about what I wanted to pick that day that i did not pick anything else. 😛 need to check them out on my next trip for sure. 🙂 EL is one of the most amazing brands around. I used to use a lot of their products and them somehow I kinda got lost in the sea of things that were available around. 😐
Thank you 🙂
Wow that’s a stunning colour and you look gorgeous. 🙂
thanks madhur 🙂
Rati… Not fair…. How r u getting younger day by day…. That one has totally raised the oomph factor quotient…. Love it love it… And love u darling… Pucchhhi