WATCH RATI'S MAKEUP VIDEOS AND READ IMBB REVIEWS EXCLUSIVELY! DOWNLOAD THE RATI BEAUTY APP!
Recently, I reviewed a lip tint by Holika Holika and was not very impressed by it not because it was a disappointing product but because tints don’t have enough color intensity to cover my pigmented lips. Nevertheless, I wanted to try out lip tints from other brands so bought a couple from the brand Etude House. The tint in this review is in coral color.
What it is
Water Gel Tint with fruity, juicy, moist, and vivid coloring.
How to apply
Use tip to gather and apply tint. Apply extra layer for added coverage.
My Experience with Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tint OR203:
I wanted to be more eclectic in my recent Korean skincare and makeup haul and added these water tints to my cart as well. Such kind of lip products are specific to Korean brands. They are meant to add a subtle, color and tint to lips and can also be used to add color gradient to lips. On pale skin these products do appear very natural. But, on my skin tone and pigmented lips no lip color ever appears natural.
I like the brand Etude House and I enjoy their lip liners and lip balms a lot. Also, this brand is affordable so I decided to give a try to a lip product. I like to wear exaggerated eye makeup so I like to keep my lips more muted and one way to do that is to opt for matte finish products. Unfortunately, the finish of this water tint is not completely matte, it does not dry out completely like a stain and retains a slight shine.
The packaging of this product is like most of the liquid lipstick or lip gloss tubes. The product comes in a transparent tube which clearly shows the color of the tint and this makes identification easier. The cap holds a rectangular, slightly bent, doe foot applicator which is equally common among lip products. I liked the applicator since it made application easier especially, around the corner and the outline. This lip tint comes in 12 different shades.
The shade of this tint is coral, orange and since this shade does not suit my skin tone at all, I do not see myself using it often. The product has a very subtle, fruity aroma which lingers as long as the product lasts on lips. It has a runny consistency but is still dense enough to apply smoothly on lips. The ingredient list is clearly disclosed in English which is an advantage.
I find the best way to apply it on lips is to transfer few drops of product from the applicator to finger tips and then dab it on the lips as needed. It can be build up if more color intensity is required. By dabbing with fingers, we can achieve a more natural look and also add color gradient to lips. I love wearing the shade but I am still struggling to find the best way to use it on my pigmented lips. Also, it has to be worn alone and cannot be layered on top of a lip balm or a lip liner or it will not spread in lips.
Pros of Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tint OR203:
- Affordable lip tint and comes in a tube packaging which keeps it sanitary.
- Tint is coral orange in shade.
- comes in 12 variants – all shades of red and pink and orange.
- Has a subtle and pleasing fruity aroma which lingers for a while.
- Does not have an unpleasant taste.
- Has a runny consistency and can be dabbed on lips as needed.
- Easy to build up and also to add color gradient on lips.
- Tube packaging is transparent and makes shade identification easier.
- Has a decent staying power. Even if it gets wiped off, the stain remains.
Cons of Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tint OR203:
- With Korean products, availability can be an issue for some (there are third party sellers’ who sell Korean brands).
- This product is not so suitable for pigmented lips because a single coat is not enough to cover the pigmentation.
- It can be layered further but then it does not appear natural anymore and looks like any other regular lip color.
- This shade does not suit my skin tone and not sure if it will work for everyone.
IMBB Rating: 4/5
Do I Recommend Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tint OR203?
I recommend it only to those who like to dabble with new makeup or those who don’t suffer from lip pigmentation. People with pigmented lips can just buy a regular lip color instead of a tint.
Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tint PK003
Etude House Dear Darling Water Gel Tint Sweet Potato Red
Etude House Good Luck You Are The Best Hand Cream
Etude House 0.2 Therapy Air Mask Pomegranate
Etude House Collagen Eye Patch
The Face Shop Watery Tint Rose Garden
Colorbar Kiss Me Again Lip Tint 02 Don’t Stop
ELF Pretty Pink Please Lip Tint
Lakme Absolute Candy Kiss Lip Tint Creme
Sephora Collection Rouge Lip Tint 01 Rose