In my recent Korean beauty haul, part from skincare products from Etude house, I also bought mascaras, eye lash serum, and this eyeliner. Read on for more details on this Etude House Styling Eyeliner in Black.
Black eyeliner pencil does double duty with flair, lining eyes for natural definition or creating a light wash of color that’s still appropriate for more professional settings. Tip glides on effortlessly without tugging or pulling on lids, staying lustrous and color-true once it sets in place for beautiful definition without minimal fading or smudging.
My Experience with Etude House Styling Eyeliner in Black:
Etude House brand has some amazing skincare products and that is why it was worth trying out their makeup products as well. I recently tried the eye lash serum from this brand and it did working in enhancing the length of my lashes to an appreciable level. Because of good past experience, I decided to invest in their makeup products as well.
The product comes in the usual twist-up eyeliner packaging. It has a tube that holds the product and a cap to protect it. The twist-up mechanism seems sturdy and has not given up on me yet (most twist up eyeliners do stop working eventually). The quantity could have been more, with my current eyeliner needs it will last a month, if used on daily basis.
The color is opaque, intense black and gives a smooth, streak-less application in one go. It is not super easy to glide like a gel eyeliner, but is not too dry either – it applies on upper lids with minimal tugging. Also, in couple of strokes, the full intensity of color is revealed and multiple coats are not required.
The staying power, however, is not that great. The color does start to dull after a few hours and reapplication is required. It is also not smudge-proof or waterproof, it will not give racoon eyes but will start to smudge in the corner of the eyes and give an unkempt appearance to the eye makeup. It is not recommend to people with teary eyes or who do not have time to touch up their makeup every few hours.
Pros of Etude House Styling Eyeliner in Black:
- I like the skincare products from Etude House – they use amazing ingredients in their products and hopefully do the same in their makeup products as well.
- An affordable eyeliner, worth a try for those who love to dabble with new makeup stuff.
- Can be applied on the upper lids and waterline with minimal tugging and pulling.
- Does not require multiple coats to reveal full intensity of colors, just a couple of coats are sufficient.
- Can be used to create smokey eyes or for subtle kohl on waterline.
- Available in other color variants as well.
Cons of Etude House Styling Eyeliner in Black:
- Availability can be an issue for some, but some Korean websites do ship to India as well.
- Not smudgeproof or waterproof, does start to smear from the eye corners and runs down if eyes start tearing up.
- The color starts to lose its intensity after a few hours, touch-up required after that.
I recommend this product to those who love to dabble with new eye makeup or who love to hoard eyeliners. This eyeliner is affordable and comfortable to wear. However, it is not smudge proof and waterproof and that’s a letdown for most of us since these are some of the key requirements that we seek from an eyeliner.
Etude House Oh m’Eye Line Liquid Eyeliner Black
Etude House Tint My Brows Gel
6 Wonderful Makeup and Hair Styling Techniques from the Cannes 2016
Clinique Just Browsing Brush-On Styling Mousse Deep Brown
Makeup Revolution London Black Waterproof Liquid Eyeliner
Sugar Eye Told You So! Waterproof Eyeliner – Black Swan
Maybelline Master Ink Matte Eyeliner 10 Charcoal Black
L’Oreal Paris 36H Super Liner Profound Black Gel Intenza Eyeliner